To many nuts

rtm815

Yum, I love cashews! They are a great souce of tryptophan, which is probably why we love to eat them, aside from the whole delicious and amazing thing. Since they're so easy to overdo, I have this mental rule to only eat them with a meal. I toss them on a salad quite often, then I get a fix without plowing through the whole bag. Maybe this could help you too!

Also, I know when I start devouring bags of nuts that I'm just not eating enough in general.

• Moderators

If you just ate a ton of cashews, you probably need to stop eating them completely. Ordinarily I would say limit to a handful every other day or say that you can include them as a garnish on a salad or other food item, but eating a ton means you have a nut dragon that needs to be tamed. Don't fool yourself by saying you are craving fat and that you are getting important nourishment when you eat a lot of nuts. You are losing control with nuts and the best thing to do is eliminate them.

I started my first Whole 30 on September 1st but had to start over because I was definitely consuming way too many nuts. So for take 2 of my Whole 30 (I just restarted yesterday) I am omitting nuts. They are just way to easy for me to snack/overeat and that is a vice that I am trying to break away from. It's easier to completely cut them out than attempt to regulate.

On my blog I expanded the story about the "nut dragon:" :D >>>

http://learntobeclean.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/whole-30-kinda-so-i-guess-not/

Can losing control with nuts mean there is a sensitivity to said nut? I find that I can easily consume way too many of one kind of nut (pistachios) but not others. However, since starting the Whole 30 (I'm on day 13) I have been eating less nuts as the days go on and much less than I used to; have also started thinking of them as a garnish instead of just a snack like I used to before.

I am a nutoholic too

I love cashew nuts and cant stop once I start. I too have just finishedW30 but plan to go on and I thnk I have to banish cashew nuts.I seem to be able to control pecans and almonds and will use them in food.

I also thought my overeating was due to hunger or lack of something but I think I still have a problem with snacking.

So I need to do more than W30 .have to on til I can control this need to snack in late afternoon and evening.

I don't think I have a nut dragon but I have some kind of a dragon....I think one that keeps changing his head,first I conquered sugar,then grains,now nuts!!!!

Archived