LancerLott

I haven't been here in a long time, but I'm about to start another Whole30, so I'll post about my first one, which was in fact, a Whole60. 

Weight:

I ended my Whole60 on March 19th. I lost 18.3 lbs. then, and I felt alot better. I had more energy and I didn't reintroduce everything. I started exercising and kepy on feeling good and I lost even more weight- another 5.8 lbs. (in July), putting me at my lowest weight since my 20's.

Foods:

Since then, I eventually added back some foods that add unwanted weight onto my body, and I slid down that sugar slope again. I didn't put sugar in my coffee or add any sugar to anything more than twice a month. I dropped fruit out entirely, save for some raisins in curry and some berries on occasion. I did end up having a treat at night, quite regularly, that contains sugar in it, and I've also been drinking more mixed drinks than I'd like to. I believe that these factors, along with reintroducing some grains (gluten-free, non-GMO, but still grains) have contributed to my recent weight gain -8.4 lbs. packed back on since July. 

Health: 

I recently had my cholesterol levels checked, and my bad cholesterol went up a bit from December. My triglycerides are steadily coming down, though, and my good cholesterol is up a bit. My bad to good ratio improved a bit as well. Blood sugar, liver, and kidneys all good. All blood cells good.

New Goals:

I don't want to be put on statins, and also, losing more weight will also help my bad cholesterol, so I'm going to do a Whole30 again; this time, I'm going to try to use only coconut oil, no bacon at all (even the sugar free kind), and to also incorporate more fish. I'll be coming here from time to time to see what others are doing that I might like to do as well. My husband will also be doing this with me, because, he hasn't gained weight at all, but he has had other ill health effects from going off-plan. He feels lethargic, has more aches and pains, and has been breaking out on his face and chest. 

Archived