Whole 30 newb

grantnm

I just started my whole30 on September 11th and woke up this morning already on day 4! I am a college student and soccer player on the varsity team here at school.

The most frustrating aspect of this is seeing all of my friends, roommates, and teammates indulging in whatever they want and still are unaffected by their sugar overloads, at least looking at their physique but who knows what's really going on in their systems.

The first trial of temptation is this weekend on the road traveling to play an away game. I've decided to pass on the supplied sandwiches to us and pack my own whole30 approved lunch and load up on other whole30 options for after the game.

Once again just frustrating seeing others getting to eat whatever they want and being "normal" college kids while I can't eat whatever I want and feel like a normal person like the rest of them. But eating those foods affect me differently and have lead me to where I am today: feeling overweight, out of shape and extremely unhappy physically and mentally.

Okay vent session over and out.

Day Four here we go!

Nice work Grant. I started one day ahead, and I totally can relate. My family thinks I am nuts, but slowly, they are starting to take this more seriously. I think this program is not only something that can benefit us, but something that can be an example to others. It is very sustainable, and the benefits are phenominal, as you are already experiencing!

Keep up being strong!

• Moderators

Bad habits sometimes take decades to cause serious trouble. On the other hand, by feeding yourself with foods that make you more healthy, you are likely to perform better, feel better, and achieve more than than you ever could have hoped while eating a "typical" college diet. If you sustain doing things right for decades, you will be the star at your 10-year or 20-year reunion.

I also tend to resent sometimes that others can eat junk and not seem to experience the problems that I do. But you are right, we don't know what is happening inside their bodies.

And actually, on my good days, I feel superior that I am eating good real food and they are feeding their bodies crap.

Archived