Fasting during Whole30

debo324

I'm on Day 18 of my 2nd round of Whole30 and am trying to plan ahead for a 25 hour fast I am doing next week for Yom Kippur.  I would hate to break my Whole30 to get ready for the fast and am looking for some reassurance that I will be fine with sticking with protein and complex carbs (i.e. veggies which, based on my research, keeps you full longer ) as well as sweet potato (and of course, eating fats).  Normally, I eat rice during my last meal before the fast but I'd like to avoid that.  Any suggestions or advice?  Has anyone fasted for a day while on Whole30?  Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

There have definitely been people who have fasted while on Whole30 -- google Whole30 religious fasting for past discussions. The timing and everything may be a little different, as different fasts are for different lengths of time, but you should find some helpful information.

Where you would normally eat rice, I think sweet potato would be a good sub -- be sure you eat at the upper end of the meal template for that last meal before the fast starts.

How'd it go, Debo? I hope, well. I was on Day 9 of my second W30, yesterday. For the past few years, DH and I had gotten into the habit of starting the fast with a pizza dinner. This year, we had a delicious, balanced W30 meal to start the fast and another delicious, balanced W30 meal to break it. This was a much better plan and will be a new tradition. On to Day 11!

Archived