Chicken of the Sea?

beedee

Hi there!

I'm on Day 3 of my first Whole30, and it's going really well! I just have a few questions about Chicken of the Sea canned tuna and salmon.

I'm 20 and still under my parents' roof, so they are kindly supporting my Whole30 journey to heal gut-related issues I've had my entire life (and as I heal from 2 hip surgeries).

My mom was kind enough to buy me some canned tuna and salmon from Chicken of the Sea. I know Chicken of the Sea can be a bit sketchy with ingredients (some containing soy), but the ingredients on both cans are:

Solid white tuna, water, salt

Pink salmon, water, salt

I've been trying to do a bit of research and some say it's still processed with soy?

Does anyone know if that's true and if these are still compliant?

Thank you!

• 2 years later...
On 10/1/2015 at 10:38 AM, jmcbn said:

Soy is one of the big 8 allergens - if there was soy in it it would HAVE to be listed in the ingredients.

You're good to go with these.

In the ingredients it says: vegetable broth (contains soy) ... would that be okay?

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Janiee22 said:

In the ingredients it says: vegetable broth (contains soy) ... would that be okay?

No, sorry. That's not the "processed in the same facility as" type of warning that is to cover their behinds in case of cross-contamination, that's just flat out saying there's soy in it. 

Archived