Start Day - October 13th

Mellybobelly

So today's my day 1 of my first ever Whole 30. I would have liked to have begun on a Monday but yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving, and there's no way I was missing out on that.

I realize that it's way too early to make general statements about the program but so far so good.

For breakfast I had a Fiesta bowl (http://meatified.com/fiesta-breakfast-bowl/), followed by a coffee with cinnamon)

It's almost time for lunch which for me will be Tuna salad in endive boats, with a side of mini carrots dipped in Avo-Mayo.

I hope everyone is feeling strong, and would love to hear from any others that are just starting their journeys.

The Columbus Crew started yesterday and it's not too late to join us. We'd love to have you. It's a fantastic group.

Mellybobelly, thanks for that link to the breakfast bowl. That is a great site and I see they have plenty of Whole30 recipes and also AIP recipes. www.meatified.com for those of you who haven't looked at it.

The Columbus Crew started yesterday and it's not too late to join us. We'd love to have you. It's a fantastic group.

Mellybobelly, thanks for that link to the breakfast bowl. That is a great site and I see they have plenty of Whole30 recipes and also AIP recipes. www.meatified.com for those of you who haven't looked at it.

I'll absolutely be joining you, thanks! This girl needs all the help she can get!!

• Administrators

Ok, it's 2 pm on my first day, and I am TIRED.   Is that all in my head??  

Maybe not all in your head. Depending on what your background was pre-Whole30, your body could be missing a surge of sugar for energy?  What did you used to eat for breakfast and lunch?

Hi guys!

Started today! I've been eating similar to whole 30 for a few years now, but not strict--just about 80% of the time. Just got back from a trip to Europe where I ate all the bread, all the cheese, all the wine, and all the dessert! Felt awful and needed a swift kick to get back on the wagon. I have to say one of the hardest things for me was eating breakfast! I normally do the whole bulletproof coffee thing and don't wind up eating or feeling hungry until 1pm or so. I'm also a bit of a grazer and often have to eat on the go, so 3 meals is going to be a struggle for me. I highly reccomend the chicken cacciatore and cauliflower rice from the book--had it for dinner and it was delicious, and my non-participating husband liked it too!! We'll see what the next few weeks bring! All I know is I don't wanna have to start over. Gotta stay strong!!

Hello everyone!

So, I've been having less of a hard time that I expected.  I don't have any crazy cravings, but I am just really sick of eating meat.  I am slightly tired, but I expected that, and I usually am around 2-3 pm anyway.    A few times this week I've felt a tiny bit lightheaded, and I'm peeing ALL THE TIME.  

Should I be on the lookout to hit a major wall soon?   I'm on day 4.  

Thanks!!  

• Moderators

Hello everyone!

So, I've been having less of a hard time that I expected.  I don't have any crazy cravings, but I am just really sick of eating meat.  I am slightly tired, but I expected that, and I usually am around 2-3 pm anyway.    A few times this week I've felt a tiny bit lightheaded, and I'm peeing ALL THE TIME.  

Should I be on the lookout to hit a major wall soon?   I'm on day 4.  

Thanks!!  

Everyone is different, you may or may not have any problems. The first week is often hard, but it's usually around day 10 or so that most people give up, if they're going to -- so watch for that, and just know that it's normal to be getting bored and tired of this around that time, but if you hang in there, it'll get better.

For the meat, this article has some tips on helping with that. It's written for former vegetarians trying to incorporate more meat, but even if that's not your background, some of the advice may be helpful.

The light-headedness makes me wonder if you're eating enough in general. Don't be afraid to eat plenty of fats with your meals. You might want to make sure you incorporate at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, and if you're very active, prone to anxiety or depression, or are a woman who is in the week or so leading  up to your period, nursing, or pregnant, you may need more. Also be sure you salt your food to taste, and aim to drink 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight (so if you weigh 120 lbs, drink at least 60 oz of water a day).

If you want more feedback on your meals, you can always post in the Troubleshooting section and list a couple of typical days' worth of meals, including approximate portion sizes, and see if you're on the right track.

Archived