Day 3 and my head is POUNDING

MamaJ

Any tips to alleviate this pain? I am a working mama of two littles (one of which I pump milk for). I work extremely long hours; I was here at 8 AM and will not see my home and family til about 8 PM tonight.

I drank a little organic black tea, but my headache is just going on and on and on. I know this is what I should expect. I know food isn't going to help it (I'm not even freaking hungry), but do you have any tips or tricks to help? Please?

First off it's fine to take something like tylenol for immediate relief.

Then, going forward make sure you are drinking a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily, and also including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg which will help with the transition from the old diet to the new. You can cut back to the one serving in a day or two once things even out for you.

Also, don't forget to salt your food. Depending on your preWhole30 diet you are most likely taking on board considerably less salt than before and this can cause headaches too.

Finally, make sure you're eating enough - a lack of food can contribute to headaches, and will get worse over time if you continue to not eat enough, particularly if you are lacking fat - fat really is your friend here.

Feel better soon.

• Moderators

I suspect you are not eating enough. As a breast-feeding momma, you are eating for two and lots of people who are new to the Whole30 fail to eat enough for one adult. I agree with everything jmcbn said, but I want to emphasize the importance of eating enough. 

Aww, snap, I didn't know I could take medication like that! Downed and done :)

I will make sure to incorporate starchy veggies. I don't really think I have been now that I'm thinking that through but my hubs did make sweet potato chili today so I will have a big bowl of that tomorrow.

I'm not the biggest fan of salt, but I will try to add that in a bit more.

Thank you for your help! I really, REALLY appreciate it.

Tom, that could be true, too. In the spirit of Whole30, I am not doing any calorie counting. I'll just up what I intake at meals. I have been eating til I'm full, and I'm honestly not hungry now so it's kind of throwing me off.

I'm super excited to wake up tomorrow, however, and I'm praying my headache will be GONE! I definitely am thinking twice about ever eating added sugar again on a regular basis. I never want to go through this again.

Archived