Day 21, Still Loose Stool

My husband and I are on day 21, and we love everything about the Whole30. (I miss wine)

I have had diarrhea since day one. My husband has not. (He ate a really crappy breakfast and lunch before Whole30, I did not) I have had loose stools two to three times a day since the beginning, usually soon after eating. I actually feel my stomach rumbling soon after eating most meals. Before Whole30, I was "regular" with no issues, once a day. 

This isn't really causing any problems because we have literally had every meal at home, but I am wondering when this will go away? It this my gut still cleaning itself out from something I was eating?

I was doing most of my cooking with cooking spray. Could I be consuming too much oil in my cooking?

Any explanation would be much appreciated!

Thank You!

First off, having diarrhea for 3 weeks is not normal. Have you seen a doctor or taken any medication to help?

Are you drinking at least 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily?

Can you post a few days worth of your food log, including portion sizes, so we can see if anything stands out?

How different is your Whole30 eating from how you ate previously?

I was using cooking spray prior to doing the Whole30, and I am cooking now with oil. I was curious if that could be an issue.

My diet consist of sautéed veggies with eggs for breakfast, and a piece of fruit. Black Coffee.

Dinner is typically roasted veggies, and a variety of meats, some grilled, some roasted.

No, I have not asked my Doctor. I though it might be a side effect, and would go away. That's why I asked in the forum. Wondering if it was common on the Whole30.

The food that I am eating is not that different from what I ate previously, but I did have skim milk, greek yogurt, and flavored stevia drops on a regular basis before whole30. I also ate corn, soybeans and oatmeal regularly.

I did eat a fairly low fat diet. I ate egg whites, fruit and veggies and lots of chicken.

Now I am eating less fruit, more veggies, and a variety of meats. 

The last week, I've had zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, green beans, tomatoes, asparagus, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, apples, banana's, grapes, kiwi, oranges, pears, berries, beef, turkey, chicken, salmon, canned complain tuna, pork. 

I'm drinking a lot of hot tea?

Again, diarrhea for 3 weeks is not common.

With a list of your foods, vs broken up into meals, I can't discern whether you're eating lunch?

Are your veggies cooked or raw?

Are you having fat at every meal?

How much water are you drinking daily?

I am eating three meals a day. No snacks. I eat a mix of raw and cooked veggies. I am eating the recommended amount of fat at every meal. I drink 80-100 of ounces a water a day.

I'll check back to see if that helps, but if this is that uncommon, that is what I needed to know and I will call my Dr. 

Thank you

Hello,

I am on Day 8, but I already know that my tummy is sensitive to coconut stuff including coconut milk and coconut water.  If I have too much of it, my stomach gurgles and gives me diarrhea.  Have not used the coconut oil for cooking but just thought I would share my experience.

Kimberly 

Archived