starving all day!

reneeruecks

Yesterday and today I have been starving all day. I'm on day 13. Is this normal?  I am pretty sure my pms has started as well

This is probably your explanation - up your starchy veg intake, and eat enough to keep you satiated - the meal template is a minimum recommendation, so it's absolutely okay to eat more...

Listen to your body.  I am on day 11 and realized I may not be consuming enough good fats to keep me fuller longer.  I always do this trick too...if I think I am hungry drink a glass a water and do something to distract myself.  20 minutes later if I am still hungry then I will consume more food.

Just about every time someone says they're starving in the ladie's only forum, it's almost always due to PMS.  Your body NEEDS more energy prior to your period.  After all, there's potential every month for you to be pregnant, and until a potential implantation (about 10 days), the body doesn't really know if it is or not.  So just in case, it starts to prepare for a potential pregnancy.  And that means it needs a lot of energy - quick energy - in the form of carbs.  

Pre-paleo, that's the urge that drives us to eat all sorts of sweets, among other things.  When you're paleo, though, listen to the same urges but respond to them in a compliant way - starchy carbs.  And don't beat yourself up about it - it's just perpetuation of the species.  

Just echoing everyone else here - It's completely normal to have an increased appetite due to PMS. Eat more! Starchy veg (potatoes) can help - they can help boost serotonin levels (which drop prior to your period starting). I eat according to my appetite when I have PMS - and I eat a LOT more. It's fine! I notice that after my period, my appetite drops and I eat less. So it evens out over time. As long as you're eating approved foods, your body will be well-nourished and you will be fine. 

Archived