Mince/ground beef rules

Inna

Hello, new here, and if I am posting in the wrong place, I am very sorry!

I did a search on the forum, but cannot find the answer to my question, so would really appreciate the response. 

What are the rules if any regarding mince (ground beef in US, I believe?)? I.e. would any lean/reduced mince do the job, or does it have to be a specific grass fed, organic, hand reared beef in an alpine environment with just a touch of rain etc?

Thank you!

Inna :)

A lot of the eeek about beef is based on what US concentrated animal feeding operations feed and inject into cows.  We have the result of grain soaked in carcinogenic glyphosate and injections that kill our gut microflora in our standard offer beef.  You may not need to go to the extent of Alpine sourcing, but here grass fed beef is something those that can afford it and desire it more than cake seek out.

A lot of the eeek about beef is based on what US concentrated animal feeding operations feed and inject into cows.  We have the result of grain soaked in carcinogenic glyphosate and injections that kill our gut microflora in our standard offer beef.  You may not need to go to the extent of Alpine sourcing, but here grass fed beef is something those that can afford it and desire it more than cake seek out.

I see! Dont think anything like that happens in the UK, although I might be naiive... They were passing off horse as beef at some point, so who knows what they are capable of, I will strive to buy organic where I can

I see! Dont think anything like that happens in the UK, although I might be naiive... They were passing off horse as beef at some point, so who knows what they are capable of, I will strive to buy organic where I can

Inna, I'm not sure where you are in the UK but all of Irish Beef & the vast majority of Scottish beef is grass-fed, with only a very small amount of supplementation in the harshest winter months to top up the dried grass they are fed when they can not go out to graze.

Hope this helps.

Inna, I'm not sure where you are in the UK but all of Irish Beef & the vast majority of Scottish beef is grass-fed, with only a very small amount of supplementation in the harshest winter months to top up the dried grass they are fed when they can not go out to graze.

Hope this helps.

I m in and around Liverpool and this is certainly helpful, I shall look out for Irish or Scottish beef sourced beef! :) Thank you!

I know the area well - I traveled over almost every third week for three years!  :)

Its a good area, but I do not drive, so getting to butchers, farmers shops and markets is a bit of a challenge, public transport inadequacy in the region surpasses remote parts of Asia! ;)

Archived