this is gross but is it normal?

reneeruecks

I'm ending day 16 and my poop is pretty much like soft serve. I go the same time every morning which is great and then usually again in the afternoon(this is a new time) A LOT is coming out, it's not diarrhea but it's not solid either.  I'm not bloated or too gassy and my stomach doesn't hurt or anything.  I feel like I've never pooped this much or had it be this soft for this many days consistently

Sorry for the Tmi! thanks in advance! 

• Moderators

Honestly doesn't sound too troubling to me. The body goes through a lot of changes over the course of these 30 days, so it IS normal for that to be reflected in your poo. And I'm all for volume. To quote Shrek, "Better out than in," no?

• Administrators

I'm ending day 16 and my poop is pretty much like soft serve. I go the same time every morning which is great and then usually again in the afternoon(this is a new time) A LOT is coming out, it's not diarrhea but it's not solid either.  I'm not bloated or too gassy and my stomach doesn't hurt or anything.  I feel like I've never pooped this much or had it be this soft for this many days consistently

Sorry for the Tmi! thanks in advance! 

Check yourself against this guide.  Type 4 (what it sounds like you have), Type 5 and maybe a bit of Type 6 are considered normal.

https://www.gutsense.org/constipation/normal_stools.html

• Administrators

So still in the range of "considered normal".  The thing is, it's not "normal" for you so I totally understand your concern.  As LadyM said, these changes affect nearly every system in our bodies....you're not at risk of anything besides a little inconvenience, it should regulate.

Some things that can be gut irritating are cruciferous veggies (think cabbage, brocoli), nuts, coconut products for some and raw veggies.  If you are eating a lot of these and your body isn't used to it, this could be part of the problem.

Feel free to post a few days of typical consumption if you like and we can review and see if anything stands out.

Archived