Thanksgiving @ in-laws out-of-town

monica4patience

We'll be doing a day trip for Thanksgiving. I know the menu because it's basically been the same for 20+ years! As always, I'm in charge of the vegetable platter for appetizers. I'll make sure to include lots of the veggies I like and will make Dr. Mark Hyman's tahini dip.

I am struggling with the rest of the food and trying to decide what I should make/take for myself. I have a travel hot plate thingy that I can use to heat up food. Not sure if gravy would work in it though! I'm thinking: eat the turkey. Bring my own Whole30-compliant cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, green beans. Maybe bring a compliant dessert to share. Of course, I'll have my road food too.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, I'll be at on Day 9, but not new to eating this way...just a way to reset my eating plan.

We'll be doing a day trip for Thanksgiving. I know the menu because it's basically been the same for 20+ years! As always, I'm in charge of the vegetable platter for appetizers. I'll make sure to include lots of the veggies I like and will make Dr. Mark Hyman's tahini dip.

I am struggling with the rest of the food and trying to decide what I should make/take for myself. I have a travel hot plate thingy that I can use to heat up food. Not sure if gravy would work in it though! I'm thinking: eat the turkey. Bring my own Whole30-compliant cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, green beans. Maybe bring a compliant dessert to share. Of course, I'll have my road food too.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, I'll be at on Day 9, but not new to eating this way...just a way to reset my eating plan.

I just read the Whole30 blog regarding some great Thanksgiving ideas. http://whole30.com/2015/11/thanksgiving-2015/

Archived