Still have acne-WHY

bailey.derby

I completed a whole 60 and have put off reintroduction in an effort to get my skin to mostly clear up. But now, I have to start reintroduction due to the holidays. The only times I ever had totally clear skin was after at least a week of completely whole 30 eating but also not eating any ghee or vegetable oil. If I had a choice, I would absolutely just eat perfectly all the time but i've really tried and it's just not possible to go that long without accidentally ingesting trace amounts of vegetable oil, mostly in eating out. If anything happens (I eat a tiny bit of ghee, I eat any vegetable oil, I get a cold, etc.) I break out and it lasts for at least a week before my skin is "clear" again. I can't even bear to look at it after reintroducing legumes (it's on my back, so I can avoid it until I get a really painful one). So what's going to happen when I reintroduce everything else? I'm starting to wonder how I'm ever going to be able to clear my skin. Any advice? Why is this happening? I did go on accutane when I was younger because of acne and I'm considering going on it again. Could this have messed up my digestion in the first place though?

• Moderators

It sounds like you already know that you will suffer if you eat legumes, vegetable oil, or ghee. You don't need to go through the motions of "testing" them. You can just do your best to avoid these things permanently.

I doubt accutane permanently damaged your digestion, but I can't explain why you continue to struggle with acne. And I would be suspicious of most people who are sure they know. :) 

You might want to make sure you take a good probiotic supplement on a long-term basis. I've been taking Primal Flora for several months now and like it a lot. Over time, such a practice may help. 

One of my good friends was on accutane in his late 20s/early 30s. It worked well for him. 

Archived