Home made sweet potato chips

Just4me73

Hi everyone
I read the post on sweet potato fries, but I make mine at home by chopping them into fries and then spraying them with coconut oil before I place them in the oven, I'm assuming that is fine ?
And my next question is..... I have 3 sometimes 4 meals a day as I have very long days !
And i have the sweet potato at each of those meals ( love sweet potato ) I don't eat fruit, is that too much sweet potato to consume ?

First off, yes, cooking sweet potatoes in this way is fine - just check your coconut oil spray for off plan ingredients....

Secondly, eating 3 meals a day is what we recommend. If you have particularly long days then 4 is fine - we don't expect (or want!) you to go hungry, so if you are having to stretch to 6 or 7 hrs between meals then feel free to add in another...

As for eating sweet potatoes at every meal - I'd ask if you are getting in a good variety of other veg, like spinach, kale or broccoli for instance? How much sweet potato are you eating at each meal? Do you have blood sugar issues? Is your energy stable? 

Thank you for your reply !

Each meal consists of approx 150g of cooked sweet potato ( going off when I use to weigh it ) I also have with it a green stir fry of green etc.... Brussel sprouts , kale, onion, squash , mushroom cooked in coconut oil, along side some meat.

My energy seems "ok" although would like to see improvement, I don't seem to have a drama with blood sugar issues.

Yeah, I'd probably drop back to a maximum of two servings per day & see how you go from there - sweet potatoes are 'sweet' by definition and are likely propping up your reliance on carbs, and *may* be effecting your energy levels....

Try adding in some other non starchy veg like tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower etc to replace the sweet potato and to ensure you get a wide variety of nutrients.

Hope this helps  :)

Your postWO is to be eaten in addition to the recommended three template meals.

The recommendation is for a lean protein and an optional starchy veg, depending on your type of work out. What work out are you doing? How long is the session? What time of day do you train?

If your WO is really intense then you could well benefit from a starchy veg in the meal following your postWO meal too - it really depends on how hard you train, the composition of your meals, and how you yourself feel... Twice a day (including postWO) is probably sufficient, but if your mood feels low, or you feel in anyway anxious just increase the starch again.

If you're hungry increase the protein. If you're lacking energy (or craving the sweet potatoes) increase your fat.

Archived