Me and my beets....

Runningforme82

Anyone have a good recipe for use of beets? I think I have 5-6 in the fridge again and wanting to use them. I normally just roast them and eat on them, however I'm bored with that. I've found a Beet "brownie" recipe that has all Whole30 approved ingredients but because it has "brownie" in the title, wondering if I should nix it (even though I'm outside my official Whole30). I'm not craving a brownie, I'm just wanting to use up my beets. It would be nice to make something that might win my hubby and daughter over with. This is still such a struggle though I'm determined to keep taking baby steps with them.

Anyways, I'm rambling.

Got a beet recipe? I wanna see it :)

A friend of mine gave me this recipe:

Peel and cube, steam them to desired 'done-ness', add about 1/3 of a red onion, 1/3 of a jicama, and about 1/3 cup of

pineapple with the pineapple juice (not a lot). From there, I add olive oil and apple cider vinegar (or you can use coconut vinegar), a little salt and cinnamon to taste.

Peel and cube, steam them to desired 'done-ness', add about 1/3 of a red onion, 1/3 of a jicama, and about 1/3 cup of

pineapple with the pineapple juice (not a lot). From there, I add olive oil and apple cider vinegar (or you can use coconut vinegar), a little salt and cinnamon to taste.

Love Love the idea of beets and Jicama. Brilliant!

Sounds wonderful! Do you do all of this in one pan?

• 2 weeks later...

Peel raw beets, then slice them as thinly as possible. Drizzle over some apple cider vinegar, bash up some mustard seeds in a pestle and mortar and sprinkle those over the top along with some fresh chopped dill. This is lovely and gets more and more delicious if left to sit for a while. :)

Archived