Starting Janurary 2ed!!!

HannahFH

Hi all!  

I am pretty excited and nervous to start my second try at whole30!  I tried back in may and fell off the band wagon at a wedding and never was able to find the perfect time to start again.  Which I realize now that there never is a perfect time so gotta try again!  I'm 25 and have some pretty bad eating habits that have left me unhealthy and overweight.  I'm a full time college student and work two jobs so I'm pretty busy and on a tight budget.  I'm hoping to get my mom and sister on board for some support!  

Hi there!

This will be my first time trying this program. I am 44 and will be 45 in May of this year. My goal with this program is to get down to a size 12\14, or 160lbs. I weigh 194 right now, so that is a goal of 34lbs. I have type 2 diabetes that I am hoping will go into remission with the weight loss. Wishing you all the luck, and myself as well.

My date to start is January 2, 2016!

Go us! :wub:

I'm starting my 2nd Whole30 on the 2nd, as well. I lost 12lbs total from the time I started back in May and then continued at about 80% until December. I've gained back around 5 holiday pounds, so it's time to get back on the wagon. I'm excited but know it will be hard, so I can really use the support!

I am starting my 3rd Whole30 on Jan 2nd too.  I am too scared to weigh myself as I have completely gone off the rails over Christmas and have not stopped eating.  I have no in between, I can't seem to control myself.

I am getting married on the 21st May 2016 and although I am 2 stone (28 lbs) lighter than this time last year, I still would like to lose another 21-28 lbs.  Off to hopefully join the gym this evening as I do not want to look like an overweight bride.

We can do this - I will endeavour to be a support to all of the rest of you, and use this forum a lot! 

Angharad 

I am starting my second Whole30 on Jan.1, 2016. I did my first one in July 2015 and it went very well but for some reason I feel a bit scared this time. I've really gotten off track this December and have gained a couple of pounds back along with those evening cravings so I know this is what I need to do! Good luck to all of you here!

I'll be starting my first Whole30 on January 2nd as well. I'm both excited and nervous about the challenge - the nervous part comes from the difficulty my husband may add even though he'll be doing this with me, he's not as positive about giving up all the food he loves. I'm excited to try something to reset me and maybe help me pinpoint some issues I have. Weight loss would be great but definitely not the focus for me this Jan :)

I'm starting my first Whole30 on Saturday as well.  It's going to be quite the challenge, given a lifetime of bad eating and a house full of enablers.  But I firmly believe that this will put us firmly on the path of eating the way we are supposed to eat and that is how I always see myself in my mind.  

Here's to a Healthy New Year and strength of purpose in January!!!!!!

I've been binging like nobody's business, so my body can't wait to get started! We can all do this! It will be a challenge but completely possible. My favorite line out of the book is something like, "Fighting cancer is hard. Following Whole30 is NOT hard." When I was successful the first time, that idea really kept me going.

• Administrators

Hi there!

This will be my first time trying this program. I am 44 and will be 45 in May of this year. My goal with this program is to get down to a size 12\14, or 160lbs. I weigh 194 right now, so that is a goal of 34lbs. I have type 2 diabetes that I am hoping will go into remission with the weight loss. Wishing you all the luck, and myself as well.

My date to start is January 2, 2016!

Go us! :wub:

Hi MissBull, Did I read correctly that you are hoping to lose 34 pounds in 30 days? At the risk of sounding negative, please understand that the Whole30 is not an aggressive weight loss/restriction program as you would need in order to lose over a pound a day for a month. You'd be far better served by focussing on nourishing yourself, nutrient density, non scale victories and how you feel as opposed to trying to make yourself lose that amount of weight in this amount of time.

Healthy weight loss is a hormone equation rather than a caloric equation. Balancing your hormones and getting your blood sugar and body responses in line is what is going to allow your body to release excess weight in a healthful manner. The only way this is to be achieved is by eating template meals three times a day for your 30 days.

Hi MissBull, Did I read correctly that you are hoping to lose 34 pounds in 30 days? At the risk of sounding negative, please understand that the Whole30 is not an aggressive weight loss/restriction program as you would need in order to lose over a pound a day for a month. You'd be far better served by focussing on nourishing yourself, nutrient density, non scale victories and how you feel as opposed to trying to make yourself lose that amount of weight in this amount of time.

Healthy weight loss is a hormone equation rather than a caloric equation. Balancing your hormones and getting your blood sugar and body responses in line is what is going to allow your body to release excess weight in a healthful manner. The only way this is to be achieved is by eating template meals three times a day for your 30 days.

Hi Shanny,

You have definitely read it wrong. I am grateful for the concern, however I am not a silly bunny like that. My goal is to lose 34 lbs by the end of may, not at the end of this challenge. Again thank you so much for your concern. *hugs*

Cassandra

• Administrators

Hi Shanny,

You have definitely read it wrong. I am grateful for the concern, however I am not a silly bunny like that. My goal is to lose 34 lbs by the end of may, not at the end of this challenge. Again thank you so much for your concern. *hugs*

Cassandra

Oh, haha, thank heavens, I'm so happy to hear that, I was thinking about you all night! Good stuff, carry on! :D

Today was my day #1 for my first whole 30! Thank you to my beautiful god daughter who led me here, I am hopeful and excited to be a part of this! Today went well, I managed to find time to eat correctly and felt good all day  :rolleyes:

Looking forward to tomorrow..... #2! 

Hi! May I join in? I started today...caught myself mid-lick of the sunbutter knife after I served my son some carrots. He's allergic to peanuts, tree-nuts, dairy, and eggs. Recently I usually have no-sugar sunflower seed spread as veggie dip, over the holidays, I got some of the sweetened kind to use in baking. I am a HUGE recovering baker. It was (is) my favorite thing to do in the kitchen. I'm also the wife and Mom to 4 picky eaters. I'm doing this Whole30(45) solo. I experience chronic unexplained fatigue and joint aches. I have completed one Whole30, but have not maintained good eating habits. I feel like I'm back at square one after a stressful December. I'm ready to take control of my health! 

Hi! I started the 2nd as well and I'm very excited and committed to this!

I'm a 52 year old high school teacher and I have pent the 21 years of my career developing some very bad food habits in the teacher workroom (baked goods galore). I just recently got sidelined by a foot injury, and the inactivity gave me lots of time to look at my lifestyle and health issues. I am too young for some of the things I'm experiencing and I know much of it (like chronic digestion issues) is due to diet. Changing it now before I can't! Looking forward to celebrating success with many others like me and making s permanent change in my life!

Started my first Whole 30 on 1/2/16.  I am on Day 5 and feeling much better than days 2-3.  My poor hubby!  Our whole family is doing this.  Apparently, we eat junk because the sugar withdrawals have been brutal.  I am already sleeping better.  I have yet to feel the surge of energy and have my clothes fit better.  I am NOT giving up!

I started January 2nd as well.  Day 8!!!  I'm 37, have 2 kids under 3, work full time, and was widowed 10 months ago.  Life is a whirlwind and I want to get my eating and overall health under control so I can be alive (both literally and figuratively) for my kids for a very long time!

I'm doing very well so far.  As a first-timer, I feel pretty good.  I've gone Paleo off and on for two years so most stuff isn't totally foreign.  Meal planning a bit more would be better.  I haven't ventured too far in making new recipes, so I can see myself getting bored if I don't mix it up.  How is everyone else doing?  Energy seems to be kicking in for me.  

Hey everyone! I just found this site, but I started on January 2nd and I'm still at it! Yesterday was day 7, and well, I woke up ANGRY. That's the best way I can put it. I made breakfast angry, did the dishes angry...lol. Normally upbeat, it was odd. But breakfast, coffee and hugs from my husband helped. Sunday is meal prep day here. So much to do! Good luck this week!

Archived