Meat List

LexyLuther

Hits

I am just getting ready to do a new Whole30 and noticed that the meat section on the omnivore shopping list is fairly ltd compared to last years? I notice the FODMAP meat list looks more like it used to :)

Just mostly wondering the most about lamb and if that's ok to have.

Thanks in advance

Weird.  The Shopping List for Omnivores that I downloaded in November (and just double-checked now) DOES have lamb listed under "Ruminants."

Total list: beef, buffalo, lamb, elk, venison, etc., chicken, turkey, duck, pheasant, etc., pork, wild boar, rabbit, etc., bacon, sausage, deli meat, etc., seafood, etc.

With all of the etc. I'm thinking there isn't much they HAVEN'T covered.

And Lexy, don't do blondes around the world (or yourself) a disservice by suggesting that you're more easily confused because you're blonde!  (I do mean that in the nicest way possible and I'm actually not a blonde, but it's just little comments like that that keep harmful stereotypes alive.  I work in a male-dominated industry at a male-dominated work site and I'm constantly correcting people when they talk about "man-hours" or "man-power" for staffing concepts).

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

I also love to fix goat.  It seems to be a bit more mild than lamb, at least with my taste.  i usually by the ground, stew, chops and leg.  I just use it as a sub. for any other red meat.  I use the recipes from Well Fed and Well Fed 2.

Archived