Contains soy? Rainbow lite vitamin

Lectralove

My Womens multi vitamin from Rainbow Lite says it's free of sugar, gluten, dairy, sweeteners, yeast and additives. I'm wondering if it contains soy since it doesn't list it as an exclusion. I cannot however, find an ingredient that I know contains soy. Can anyone shed light? I want to continue taking a multi if possible since I am breastfeeding. Thanks!

• Moderators

In the listed 'other ingredients' it's listed as modified cellulose and microcrystaline cellulose, both of which are sneaky sugars.

If you're eating to the meal template and including colorful vegetables in abundance, you shouldn't need a multivitamin for the 30 days so the recommendation would be to leave it out.

• Administrators

Soy is an allergen so if it contained soy it would have to say. It does, however, contain inulin which is a sweetener. It's up to you if you continue to take this however do note that you should be eating so much whole foods that you will get more than enough nutrients to support yourself and your baby. Remember that folks who are breastfeeding often need at least 4 full template meals per day and are encouraged to sip on coconut milk or eat handfuls of olives/avocados as needed in order to keep up your fat content. You should also be including at least one serving of starchy veggie per day, if not at every meal.

Archived