How does my food look? Feedback is welcomed

I did a whole 31 from 11/30-12/31 where I ate compliant but on NYE I had 1.5 glasses of wine.

Started clean again on 1/1/16. I wanted to do more than 30 days because I want to be sure to get this way of eating firmly in my bones. Ive been feeling great with lots of NSV's. I only dropped 4 lb in those 31 days and I do have weight to lose. Would love some feedback on my meals to fine tune things. Here's what 2 days looks like. Thanks for any input.

7AM M1: 3 eggs over a bunch of kale all cooked in lots of ghee. 1/2 banana decaf coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon

12PM M2: 2 salmon cakes whole 30 mayo, raw carrots, steamed snap peas

5:15 PM M3: frittata 1 serving with green salad cucs, apple, EVOO and apple cider vinegar
http://stupideasypaleo.com/2014/12/02/paleo-chicken-sweet-potato-frittata/

7:15 AM M1: same as above sweet potato chicken frittata 1 serving, plus cucumber spears, decaf coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon.

12:45 PM ( starving cause I went past 5 hr)M2 :
1.5 palm of roast turkey with green salad, cucs, tomato,olives, with EVOO and apple cider vinegar. Apple slices

6:45 PM M3: (became hangry because I was nursing my daughter and couldn't get to my dinner quick enough but I hadn't seen her since AM) lesson learned I can't go over 5 hr between meals. Lots of ground beef in lettuce boats ( tacos) with guacamole, tomato, olives

I'll add that most evenings around 8:30 I'll have a cup of herbal tea often with coconut milk.

• Administrators

Oh, nursing!  Usually we will let nursing moms know that they need probably closer to four full meals each day.  Other than that, your food looks alright.  Do know that your body may refuse to let weight go while it is busy keeping another human alive.  Milk production trumps anything else you might want to get your body to do.

Also note that 4# in a month is great, really sustainable weight loss.  If you lost 4# a month for the next consecutive months, I think you'd probably be happy with that, no? And do know that you might not lose any significant weight until you wean your child.

Thanks Ladyshanny. When she's with me she wants to nurse more frequently but when we apart- 3 days per week I only nurse morning and evening. I guess since I'm not exclusively breastfeeding I didn't think that rule applied. I'll add that 4th meal in if I'm hungry though.

• Moderators

I thought a few of your meals were a bit light. Also, you are eating a fair amount of raw veggies or salad. Raw veggies/salad is a little more demanding on your digestion, so if you have any problems, shift to more cooked veggies.

Archived