How to make homemade mayonnaise

Luiza

• Moderators

Also, I want to make the ranch from the book, but it calls for coconut cream, and I am allergic to coconut. Should I just substitute extra mayo in place of the coconut cream?

I would try just making it with the mayo -- not even necessarily adding extra -- and see how it tastes. It should just make a thicker ranch. If you think the herbs are too strong, then you could try adding more mayo.

• Administrators

Also, I want to make the ranch from the book, but it calls for coconut cream, and I am allergic to coconut. Should I just substitute extra mayo in place of the coconut cream?

You could also try this ranch dressing which would not require you to make any substitutions and it is Ah-MAY-zing!

http://www.planksloveandguacamole.com/2014/05/ranch-dressing.html

I don't have an immersion blender, so here is how I made mayo for my sister-in-law. She only had med/small eggs, so I cracked 2 into a small, deep bowl. Added a pinch of salt and dash of mustard powder. I put the whisk attachment on my hand mixer, and on med/high speed, whipped the eggs until pale yellow and thick. Turned the mixer to medium speed, then slowly poured the extra light olive oil into the whisk, until blended and thick. Then, stirring with a spoon, we added apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper, until she got the taste she wanted. She loved it!

Archived