Breath Mint Replacement?

I am 10 days into my first Whole30 and I just discovered that I rely heavily on breath mints - I suddenly realized they were off-limits and hadn't really thought about that in my prep. I talk to people, close up 1:1, very often and I am in the habit of popping a sugar-free breath mint before conversations. What do I do now instead? I can't go around chewing parsely and mint leaves all the time or I'll just be known as the gal with green teeth. What are some suggestions for freshing breath on the go?

I like my black coffee and don't necessarily have the time and place to brush my teeth. I also work closely with people and do most of the talking. Since my first whole 30 a year ago I've given up gum completely in favor of pure essential oil. A tiny bit of peppermint or spearmint rubbed on your tongue freshens breath and increases alertness in a clean and delightful way!

Many natural products  help with the breath for the short term.   

Long term, bad breath.   The Whole 30 template changes stinkin' thinkin' and the breath should not stink to high heaven either.   

If the breath is so bad others are running or pinching their nose...make sure you're eating enough real food good carbs to remedy the breath. 

I don't think long term bad breath is what the good Physician ordered or intended for the long haul.  It reveals that something is amiss.  The body reveals all. 

Animals/pets only have bad breath when something is amiss, too.  

I used to chew gum all the time, so I feel ya! I try to stay up on brushing and flossing (can't say enough about flossing!) and drinking plenty of water. Sometimes at work I run to the ladies room for a quick rinse and spit with water just to get some of the food particles out. Although, I never thought about essential oils, that sounds like a great idea, too.

Archived