Starting October 1 2012

EmmaSthlm

Hi everyone! I finished my first whole 30 two weeks ago and I am looking forward to starting my second round tomorrow with everyone! The best thing that came out of my first whole 30 was my family noticed all the changes and my sister is joining me this time around. I have gone way off plan this last week and feel awful. I discovered I am an all or nothing girl when it comes with food.

Question for my sister, she wakes most days at 4 am to be at work for 5am. She is going to try to have her first meal within an hour of waking (she's not use to this and usually just has coffee till 7) when should she have her second and third meals? I said every 6 hours so 11am then 5pm? What are your thoughts? Thanks for you help!

Danielle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so awesome to see so many ppl starting...tomorrow! very inspiring to see those who are doing this for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc time. i will definitely be seeking out some of you veterans for tips and advice!

anyone doing a food prep today? care to share what's on your list?

here's one of the things i'm making:

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/2345953636/curried-cream-of-broccoli-soup

hey danielle!

re your sister's schedule, i think (don't quote me on this!) i read somewhere that 4 meals (instead of the recommended 3) is okay for ppl who wake early/go to bed very late due to their schedules. so potentially your sister could eat every 4-5 hours, i think.

i'm not 100% sure about this, but i think i read something about it in the book. perhaps some of the more experienced members will comment...?

good luck to you both!

Hey, All:

I'm starting tomorrow, as well. Glad you guys are here for support. I feel like I'm probably going to need it! I'm the only one in my family doing it. The others aren't really understanding why. I've got a few things on hand to start off breakfast and probably enough for lunch. I head out to the few stores tomorrow. Man, I do hate to shop! :angry: So, good luck to you and I'm sure I'll be checking in for accountability.

I am starting the Whole30 October 1st. I began Paleo in April 2011. It was awesome [but not as strict as the Whole 30] until October 2011. My wife got sick [she did not do Paleo with me] and I fell off track... not horrible off track. I would still eat the majority of my meals and days Paleo but would drink sodas from time to time and other nonsense. It got progressively worse. I still don't buy pasta breads dairy legumes [except corn, thats gotta go] and have never been big on shoving a dessert into a paleo recipe. So I have a little bit of a leg up [except for the diet drink in my refrigerator - gotta get rid of that :P ]. But I am looking forward to this and hopeful I will be as strict as I envision. I ate with friends tonight before deciding to make a real change and felt stuffed. I hate that feeling... And I don't like being as heavy as I am for one reason and one reason only. I love running. If I was not a runner I would not care about my weight at all. But I wanted to be a faster middle aged man. anyway. Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope I don't wake up forgetful in the middle of the night and chug my diet drink before I get rid of it.

Good luck to all.

Wow What a great Crowd! Yea for ROCKTOBER!

I decided to start October 1 mostly becuase I always gain weight around the holidays - and this month is going to start with so many social events, birthdays in my famiy, and other poor food choice opportunities - I thought I need to have a good plan, a good excuse that helps me say NO to bad food. Even better the Whole30 is promising to heal my health issues - so Yea!

I don't know about these logs - I guess I keep exploring this site. :rolleyes:

Hi Jenn,

You can create your own log on 'Your Whole30' and track everything - moods, food, exercise, etc.

I am only new to the forum too - and have made a log - though i am not that great at keeping track of things. I thought I might be held more accountable if I made a bit of an effort though!

Day 3 and all is well :-)

My husband and I started October 1 as well. I switched to paleo back in March, so this feels like a natural progression in many ways. Although I have a feeling this is going to be a bit tougher than the paleo switch. The key for us will be keeping lots of fresh fruits and veggies around. I spent the weekend doing a good bit of food prep, so I feel prepared--at least for this week!

Off to create a log...

Do they do crossfit in Tassie? Is anyone feeling slightly constipated? Sorry! Don't feel i'm getting enough fibre but i must be. I have'nt been eating hardly any fruit - how much is anyone else eating? Does anyone have any nice breakfast recipes? - deffo the hardest meal for me ( missing my fruit and oats), and I hate the smell of meat first thing in the morning!! Back to work tomorrow (14hr shift) which might be more challenging!. Good luck xo p.s you probably know my husband!

Yes Crossfit is growing in Tassie. It's a great addiction :-). I probably do know your husband - it's a small place!

For breakfast I have really been enjoying left overs from the night before. Veggies, some bacon, eggs. I just throw a bunch of stuff on the plate and chow down!! It's hard to get used to at first, but it fills you up so well, that you won't look back.

Just gotta play around with a few things and do the trial and error thing. My favourite breakfast recipe when I have time, is red onion and bacon fried up in coconut oil till brown-ish, then add grated sweet potato and cook a little till soft. Then add 2-3 eggs and mix/cook until all scrambled. Salt. Pepper. Good to go. Filling and yummy. (I sometimes use this for my 'go to' meal at night when I get home late)

My husband, two youngest kids and myself began the Whole30 Challenge Oct. 1, too. It is great doing it all together. Today is Day 2 and I feel STUPID. I can't think straight, oh-so-tired and I am wanting some dark chocolate like crazy! But I am committed, for myself and my family. And I have a great husband who enjoys being in the kitchen with me. Life is good, even if I am not feeling it right now.

I started October 1st too. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and challenges. Day 2 and I'm feeling verrrry tired even with 9 hours of sleep (yup.. You heard right 9) I also feel foggy and know this will pass.

I managed to walk a brisk mile with my puppy this evening which is good for me. I lost sight of exercising long ago but can't wait to get back into it.

It's 8:00 here on the East Coast and I'm ready for bed! Good Luck everyone!

Hi Jenn,

You can create your own log on 'Your Whole30' and track everything - moods, food, exercise, etc.

I am only new to the forum too - and have made a log - though i am not that great at keeping track of things. I thought I might be held more accountable if I made a bit of an effort though!

Day 3 and all is well :-)

thank you!

Archived