Any impact on PMS symptoms?

chawk

Hi all!

Day 14 here..and PMS should be on its way any day now.

Husband and I are casually TTC, otherwise I would be on BC to control PMS. Wasn't ever that bad even before/between BC, until I came off of it this last time (4 months ago).

Long story short, I was 10 days late and had the worst PMS of my life (flu symptoms, tired, incredible cramps and stomach issues). Didn't really start Whole 30 to help with that, but wondering if anyone out their noticed that it helped their symptoms?

Whole30 has all but resolved my pms. I would previously get horrible bloating, cramping, fatigue, mood swings, food cravings, and migraines that usually lasted 3-5 days. And my period would last a week. Now, I will occasionally get some mild cramping that lasts maybe a few hours at most, but most times i have none of it. At all. And it's 3 days of much lighter bleeding. Hopefully your hormones will continue to regulate and things will smooth out for you. And best wishes in TTC!

I'm on day 15. I usually have a 3 week pre, during and post experience of full body pains, bloating, extreme mood swings, stomach issues, unpredictable bleeding, fatigue, etc. This time I had 4 days of aches and reasonable bleeding with a little fatigue and decrease in appetite. Completely unexpected. I hope you experience an improvement and have fun and are successful TTC

Usually, I know it is coming because I scream at somebody over something pathetic and end up apologizing. Soon after comes the cramping and exhaustion.  I was on day 10 when I looked at the calendar and thought "hmm, should be about time.". Absolutely no PMS. Had I not looked at the calendar, it would have completely taken me by surprise. I have just horrendous cycles on the norm, stay in bed for at least 36 hours with barely enough energy to pick my children up from school, 3 heavy days, and tons of cramps. I had no cramps, not even once, and 3 normal days, total. Nothing scary, I was tired one afternoon and took  a nap. Honestly. I don't want to stop whole30 after 30 days. I used to dread my cycle. 

I got my period on, like, day 5 of my Whole30 and it lasted for a solid week. I was uncomfortable and a whole lot more crabby than usual but the days before my period were also the "kill all the things" days of the Whole30. Everyone pissed me off. E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E.

I typically have fairly debilitating cramps/pain/tightness in either my lower back or my quads. It's the weirdest thing. It was a lower back month but I don't think it was quite as intense as it usually is. I'm planning on doing either a super slow-roll reintro after 30 days or just extending the Whole30 for a little bit longer so I actually want to see how my period goes next month. Hopefully, next month won't be as bad because my body will be over the initial freakout of the early days of Whole30.

Usually, I know it is coming because I scream at somebody over something pathetic and end up apologizing. Soon after comes the cramping and exhaustion.  I was on day 10 when I looked at the calendar and thought "hmm, should be about time.". Absolutely no PMS. Had I not looked at the calendar, it would have completely taken me by surprise. I have just horrendous cycles on the norm, stay in bed for at least 36 hours with barely enough energy to pick my children up from school, 3 heavy days, and tons of cramps. I had no cramps, not even once, and 3 normal days, total. Nothing scary, I was tired one afternoon and took  a nap. Honestly. I don't want to stop whole30 after 30 days. I used to dread my cycle. 

I had the same thoughts after my cycle. It's amazing how just a few days could change something that has been affecting my life for years. I think I will try to narrow it down to see which one or combination of banned items are causing the issues.

Absolutely no pms this month. I was shocked. I am usually crabby, have at least one good migraine, and am tired and worn down. Not this month. I haven't been feeling well, but not usual pms symptoms, something else is going on with my gut.

The last several months I've had severe pms, I think due to depression, but this month, none. I'm loving it. Do hope I have a lighter month as well.

• 4 weeks later...

My period started about 3 days early after my first Whole30 (it started yesterday, and today is Day 30!) and I'm on birth control. I've been starting on time like clockwork for years, so I was really shocked. I've also had far more cramping for about 3 days than I normally do - normally I have no PMS symptoms. Do you think this will work itself out after my re-introduction, especially if I stick to mostly Whole30 foods regularly? I don't mind starting on a Sunday instead of a Tuesday, but I DO mind having such terrible cramps. It seems like most folks when from bad to better. Does anyone have any experience going from normal to worse? I would love some suggestions and encouragement. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I was very pleasantly surprised during my first Whole 30....NO PMS symptoms or cramps at all!  I usually have about a week of being crabby over every little thing and bloating with pre-cramping.  Then when I start...oh the cramps!  Other than starting a week early (surprise!) I had the easiest cycle of my entire life!  This last month immediately following our first 30 I had started to re-introduce the bad foods and oh the PMS and cramping...I was even praying it would JUST START already so I could get it over and done with.  We're starting again the first of the month and I am excited to do it and looking forward to not being crazy for 2 weeks!  lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had incredible relief from pms symptoms (less cramps, no breast tenderness) on whole30. Now that I'm off (just a couple weeks) my symptoms are back and as miserable as before whole30. Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm not sure what food to re-eliminate again to help my symptoms. Any thoughts? A whole30 life is not sustainable for my husband and I long term.

Archived