Jan. 18, 2016 Start Date

Audabee

• Moderators

Today, I adjusted our meal times and I'm hoping to go without a snack/mini-meal between lunch and dinner. I was eating one because I'm still nursing,but I'm going to see if I can go without.

If you're nursing, you're expected and encouraged to have 4 template meals a day or at least mini meals between.  I'm not sure if you are having these four meals but as you are sustaining the life of another human being with your own body, please don't skimp on nutrition... 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're nursing, you're expected and encouraged to have 4 template meals a day or at least mini meals between.  I'm not sure if you are having these four meals but as you are sustaining the life of another human being with your own body, please don't skimp on nutrition...

I've been having a mini meal between lunch and dinner. I didn't know if I still needed a meal since he's 2 and not dependent.

• Moderators

I've been having a mini meal between lunch and dinner. I didn't know if I still needed a meal since he's 2 and not dependent.

Oh, okay well try without the mini meal but make sure you pay attention to how you feel and pop it back in if you're not feeling optimal :)

---> Legal Disclaimer: We are not doctors and cannot offer medical advice so you may want to visit your doctor to see about the dizziness<----

Can you post what you've been eating for the last few days including portion sizes and meal timing and we can see if there's any tweaks to make? Are you salting your food? Low Blood Pressure can be a culprit for feelings of tiredness and dizzyness.

Thanks for your response. I usually have scrambled eggs, mushrooms or spinach, and some sort of meat mixed in or its just three hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit. I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day now, which is half the caffeine I was consuming . Lunch is usually a salad with eggs, turkey, carrots, olives, and sliced almonds. Dinner is some sort of meat usually over spaghetti squash or mixed with green beans or broccoli w' almond slices for more texture. If I have a snack in between (due to length of time) it's usually bell peppers or snap peas, and some sort of fruit. Occasionally I will have a compliant bar or jerky if I'm traveling. Portion sizes are about the size of my palm.

Ok...day 9... and an all day headache. I got called to substitute teach on short notice, so had to RUN out the door early this morning. Had the headache before the mad dash, but thankful I had meal plan. I had hoped detoxing was done, so the headache surprised me. I know this too shall pass. Having some nice jasmine tea and relaxing. Hope everyone else had a great day!

Ok...day 9... and an all day headache. I got called to substitute teach on short notice, so had to RUN out the door early this morning. Had the headache before the mad dash, but thankful I had meal plan. I had hoped detoxing was done, so the headache surprised me. I know this too shall pass. Having some nice jasmine tea and relaxing. Hope everyone else had a great day!

I hope your headache is history tomorrow!

Today was good for e. Having lots of food prepped ahead really helps. Day 8 done and not a single slip up. Feeling really good about that. Tonight was whole 30 chicken cacciatore with leftover cauliflower rice and a big green salad.

We are going to friends' for dinner on Saturday so not too sure how that will go or even how to handle it. I know they aren't big on vegetables so not sure what dinner will consist of.....likely steak and mashed potatoes.

Today went well. My Energy was a little low but a cup of black coffee put me back on track. I only got hungry right before dinner and my wife made this beef stew which was excellent. I noticed my sugar cravings are just about gone. So I'm very happy about that. It like everyone is doing great! Keep it up guys!

Day 10 !

Yesterday afternoon was tough... I was so tired and I had a sleep between 5 and 7.30... For dinner I made some shakshuka (delicious)... 

After that, I cheated... in my dreams. I dreamt of apple cakes and other non compliant sugary foods ... Surprisingly, I new in my dream that it was forbidden food, but I ate it anyway :)

Today, morning was fine.

I can't believe I made it to this point !! 

Happy day 10 everyone !

@audabee - Can you offer to bring a (compliant) side? A roasted veggie, maybe? If they don't eat any of it, you'll have leftovers to take home. :D

Day 10! I've realized I need to drastically cut back my coffee consumption. I've been drinking an embarrassing amount (and coming in low on my ideal water intake), so I'm cutting out a cup in the morning and my after lunch cup. I'll replace the after lunch cup with herbal tea of some kind (peppermint today, because it's in my desk), and get in an extra glass of water in the morning. If I drink one more big glass of water while at work, I'll hit my 120 ounce minimum.

I have to run to the store for plantains tonight (they didn't have them Sunday because of the snow and delayed deliveries), so I'll get one or two yummy teas there for my post lunch drink.

Day 10 is here!!!

Woohoo!!!

So made my chili last night by throwing it in the crock pot over night, so I woke up to yummy chili this morning... going to have to make my cole slaw tonight, ran out fo time to do it last night. 

Found out I will not have to coach this weekend, sicne the meet was cancelled this past weekend for the snow, they decided to not reschedule it. Which is good for me, so now I won't have to worry about 14 hours of coaching and being compliant... :) Our next meet is after I have completed my whole 30, so I will be back to riding my own bike. 

as for coffee,  My first whole 30 I cut it out completely. I don't mind drinking it black, and I never drank it everyday, more like a coupl days a week... so I just cut it out. when I am riding my own bike, I have been know to have an occansionally sugar dairy laden once in a great while. But I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. 

@audabee- I second the see if you can bring a compliant side dish. that way you can ensure you have something to eat!

@ Bonnielv.... oh the food dreams are so good, but so bad!

@ Darnell- good to hear about the sugar cravings... those are tough to get over sometimes... 

@azcoolmom- sorry to hear about the headache, hope it gets better.... and jasmine tea sounds wonderful!

Wow,rhed..that's a lot of water! I don't think I could hold that much!!

I woke up feeling worse today than yesterday and didn't sleep well. .

Anyone have a favorite egg casserole/frittata recipe?

The whole family was doing w30 with me,but my husband has announced he's quitting so the boys will too. I'll still cook compliant meals,but he plans to add at least dairy back in.

Day 10 & yay...no headache. I think I was probably not staying hydrated enough. Today was a real turning point for me...no longer miss my "old" breakfast of yogurt & granola or oatmeal. I had a big bowl of chicken curry soup and loved it. It's been the biggest hurdle, getting up & wishing for my old favorites. It's more...look what I can have, rather than what I cant

I am on day 14 and I am amazed on how I am satisfied with the food I am eating. Before I started the whole30, I would try to eat a salad for lunch and I would be hungry after an hour. I am not having this problem on the whole30! I am still battling the craving of wanting something sweet after dinner though. 

@audabee - Can you offer to bring a (compliant) side? A roasted veggie, maybe? If they don't eat any of it, you'll have leftovers to take home. :D

Day 10! I've realized I need to drastically cut back my coffee consumption. I've been drinking an embarrassing amount (and coming in low on my ideal water intake), so I'm cutting out a cup in the morning and my after lunch cup. I'll replace the after lunch cup with herbal tea of some kind (peppermint today, because it's in my desk), and get in an extra glass of water in the morning. If I drink one more big glass of water while at work, I'll hit my 120 ounce minimum.

I have to run to the store for plantains tonight (they didn't have them Sunday because of the snow and delayed deliveries), so I'll get one or two yummy teas there for my post lunch drink.

My husband and I were discussing what to take and I think a veg dish is a great idea

Hello Everyone !

Day 11 for me ! So far so good. I definately sleep better. There is no doubt about it. So this is already a good point. My breast is smaller, so it is also a good sign that I may loose some weight.

But, from yesterday I'm so thirsty, and my belly seems bigger. I also got acne, which is really strange, because it never happened before. I hope this will disappear soon !! :D

Happy day 11 !

Good Morning Day 11!!! Not doing too bad!!! 

@ Bonnielv I know that on the timeline there is a point where you pants may seem tighter.... I also imagine the skin breakout is due to your body trying to get rid of all the stuff that doesn't agree with it. 

I lifted the other night at the gym and felt pretty good, so I am going to start easing back into all my other workouts well this weekend. With my other two past whole 30s I have always taken the first two weeks easy on the working out, so I am looking forward to getting back to my usual level of activity. I have enjoyed the break a bit and think my body has appreciated it as well... 

Yesterday I realized that I feel really, really good. Like, ridiculously good.

And I love it, but I'm also a little suspicious, lol. Like, how can I feel this good on day 11? It's like an elf came up and whopped me with the cheerful stick yesterday and the results haven't fallen away yet.

I don't want to lose this. Ever. I'm going to have to pay close attention during the reintro and figure out what's really really worth it for me.

Good Morning Day 11!!! Not doing too bad!!! 

@ Bonnielv I know that on the timeline there is a point where you pants may seem tighter.... I also imagine the skin breakout is due to your body trying to get rid of all the stuff that doesn't agree with it. 

I lifted the other night at the gym and felt pretty good, so I am going to start easing back into all my other workouts well this weekend. With my other two past whole 30s I have always taken the first two weeks easy on the working out, so I am looking forward to getting back to my usual level of activity. I have enjoyed the break a bit and think my body has appreciated it as well...

I decided to just do yoga for a while,but am thinking of adding in cardio or strength training soon. A couple of days ago I did this yoga video with weights and I liked it,but then I got sick :/ still recovering today,but I slept better.

I think I've talked my husband into not quitting yet,I'm just helping him put together his meals.

I'm trying to come up with a meal plan and grocery list for next week..wish me luck!!

I can't believe we're already on day 11..double digits already!!

I also am on Day 11! And feeling fantastic!! I have enjoyed reading through this feed and can related to many things stated. I was a bit discouraged the past two days because I was feeling rather bloated other than that I felt fantastic! But I woke up this morning feel lighter in a sense and that my jeans feel a bit loose! YAY!! It is amazing how great I feel after only 11 days! 

Keep up the good work everyone!!!! 

DAY 11!

Still worried about dinner out on Friday night at the wine bar.  My husband is all "hey when you were pregnant you didn't drink for 9 months"..I tell him that was different.  I still miss wine- what I think I miss is the freedom to have it if I choose that I want it.  After this ends I will stick to no wine during the week and just enjoy it on the weekends.

Gotta say, this isn't that hard so far...yes, it's tiring to make food that is compliant, but I am feeling fuller and don't feel like I need random extra snacks- I am not casting around for something to eat.  Last night after dinner (salmon, kale, cauliflower 'rice') I realized I was still hungry, so made a bowl with raspberries, blueberries, pistachios, and 2 chopped up dates.  Had that with a cup of rooibos tea, and was happy as a clam.  I am also finding breakfast super satiating, which I really like! Also my husband is supportive- telling me everything I am cooking is so delicious!

Also, I am just going to own the fact that I do weigh myself.  I know you aren't supposed to, but I decided at the beginning of the program that I was going to - so it is what it is.

DAY 11!

Still worried about dinner out on Friday night at the wine bar.  My husband is all "hey when you were pregnant you didn't drink for 9 months"..I tell him that was different.  I still miss wine- what I think I miss is the freedom to have it if I choose that I want it.  After this ends I will stick to no wine during the week and just enjoy it on the weekends.

Gotta say, this isn't that hard so far...yes, it's tiring to make food that is compliant, but I am feeling fuller and don't feel like I need random extra snacks- I am not casting around for something to eat.  Last night after dinner (salmon, kale, cauliflower 'rice') I realized I was still hungry, so made a bowl with raspberries, blueberries, pistachios, and 2 chopped up dates.  Had that with a cup of rooibos tea, and was happy as a clam.  I am also finding breakfast super satiating, which I really like! Also my husband is supportive- telling me everything I am cooking is so delicious!

Also, I am just going to own the fact that I do weigh myself.  I know you aren't supposed to, but I decided at the beginning of the program that I was going to - so it is what it is.

What brand of rooibos do you have? We have Numi and I've made it for my boys before and during w30,but I haven't tried it..I don't care for the smell.

Does anyone eat sardines? If so,what brand?

Good morning!  Today is Day 11 for me.  I had a super busy day yesterday and didn't even post here!

I had another NSV yesterday!  I put on a pair of leggings that I haven't worn in a couple of months because they were so tight in the thighs that I thought the seams were going to bust open!  I put them on yesterday and they fit comfortably!  :)

I rewarded myself with a few new workout outfits for the gym.

I have also started taking a magnesium supplement and a probiotic to try to help improve my sluggish digestive system.  I went to Walgreens on Wednesday and looked at the ingredients of every single brand they carried.  The one brand that had none of the added junk, was on sale buy one, get one free.  It was a sign!   lol.

I did start to feel a little dizzy as I was eating dinner last night, but it passed quickly.  Not sure what that was about.

I have also decided that I am going to make the trip back to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods this weekend.  It is so worth the 30 minute drive!  I'm on the hunt for coconut amino!  My boyfriend was eating sushi the other night and it sounded so good!  I figure I can dip smoked salmon into coconut amino and get the same flavor profile.  :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!

Archived