Legume reintroduction question

Debwards

Hi.  Today is my last day of Whole30 (yay).  I plan on reintroducing legumes first.  A friend suggested I not have peanuts as they could be hard to digest.  I've not (to my knowledge) had an issue with peanuts, but does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is good advice or not?   Thanks.

• Administrators

You won't know until you test them, your gut has changed during Whole30 and sensitivities that you've always had but which were muffled may show up.

That said, when you do the legume reintroduction, many people do soy as a separate reintro as it is so disruptive for so many people.

Remember, you don't have to do ALL legumes on one day! As suggested, I separated soy from the others and I also did beans and peanuts on separate days.

You're starting with a clean slate and gathering information about how YOU react. I wasn't aware of any difficulty with soy pre Whole 30 but I had a bad reaction to soy (when a significant part of a meal) post Whole 30. 

I did peanut separately and did find that they caused digestive upset AND inflammation (darn those lectins) FOR ME.  I have yet to do any other legumes.  I will also do soy separately.

I'm undecided about whether I will be splitting out each of lentils, black beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans (chickpeas).

Archived