Reintro mistake...

shaimom

I introduced non-gluten grains last week and then had a few days Whole30.

I decided to introduce some gluten grains yesterday - as I was away from home anyway and there wasn't much to eat. I had a couple of white flour, white sugar packaged cookies there too (it was complicated, don't judge) so a decent amount of sugar. Got a major urge to go to the bathroom about 10 minutes later. Gluten or sugar, or both? I used to get it the whole time - this urge to go, upset stomach feeling after eating especially after breakfast. But I didn't get it at all during my Whole30.

I know I'm back on Whole30 now for a few days... then will probably reintro gluten again without the sugar and see what happens, just wanted to know if anyone had any idea what it could be?

Were the cookies store bought, or home-made?

If they were store bought they could have had a whole host of other ingredients like soy, corn starch, dairy etc.

Sugar can cause that urgent need to go, but then so could gluten in those sensitive to it - and how gluten effects you may not necessarliy be how it will effect anyone else - which is why only YOU can determine the results of your reintros.

I'd be inclined to resume W30 eating once again & do a more controlled (& individual) test where I had complete control over what I was reintroducing, ie. knowing every ingredient that I was consuming.

Archived