Sick?

ach324

Hi all,

Last day of whole30! It's been a good experience though this week I have felt kinda off, not sleeping as well and not as much energy, and some random cravings for candy, which I chalked up to several stressful days of work in a row. But I woke up today feeling just awful, weak tired nauseous and generally icky.... Pretty sure I've come down with something. Of course I'll stick it out but how do you recommend doing my reintro with the sickness in mind? If I feel crummy how will I know if it's from the dairy or from the bug? I could also just keep whole30ing another week but am also worried that the compounded stress of doing another week plus being sick will just slow down my recovery time. Any tips?

If you can bear it, I'd hold off on your reintroductions as it will be hard to separate sick symptoms from reactions (you may also get better faster on W30, I do).

Eat lots of starchy veg, try some easy cooking days so you can get some rest in too (slow cooked meat, anything easy).

Some people prefer no raw items when sick. Gelatin & bone broth are great for healing.

Peppermint tea (smell & stomach soothing) and ginger tea (effective, I like it with lemongrass best) can help with nausea.

Some people also like plain carbonated water too, but avoid this if you feel really gassy or bloated.

Ok I finally broke down and asked my husband to get me some ibuprofen because my head hurt so much I was crying. And yes I'd already eaten and had lots and lots of water. I told him to make sure that there wasn't any sugar in it but he didn't know sucrose is sugar and so he gave it to me. I can't be mad at him because it's not his fault-- I should have checked the label myself but I was lying in the fetal position in the dark to try to calm my headache so I didn't. Moment of weakness/ignorance I guess. What do I do now? It's 3pm on day 30, but like Melissa says, I made a commitment to do the full 30 days and I just broke it. I plan to keep eating this way until I'm feeling 100% but we're going to Germany in a couple weeks and then Italy a couple weeks after that so I won't be able to do a full whole30 again for a while....

• 1 year later...

Hi all.  I am on day 17 and was seeing amazing results already.. Migraine headaches---gone, Itchy skin I've had for years---gone.  Painful joints---gone.  Insomnia---gone.

But this past Monday I became sick as a dog--projectile vomiting and serious runny diarrhea for about a day---one friend said it was a noro-virus. 

That was all gone by Wednesday, but Thursday I got a sore throat, runny nose and am sneezing like crazy.  Don't think I have had a fever at all during all of this.   What the heck is going on????  I am drinking water and have my appetite back since Wednesday. 

Amazingly, I am still Whole30 compliant (praise God).

Could this be some kind of healing crisis????

Archived