Emily's Whole30 Countdown (Oct 1 start)

Emily

I am SO READY to do my next Whole30 starting on October 1!

In fact, I'm so ready that I'm sneakily more or less going to start today. In the last week or so, knowing another Whole30 was coming up I really overdid the off-roading and now I feel yucky. So I'll consider this Whole30 prep :) and I'll start a real log next week.

I just bought the Whole30 Daily... I'll be interested in some new info. I bought and read ISWF and since then it has been circulating among friends and family so much that I never get to see it. I think I need to buy another copy for me, again.

Today's goal: avoid the cheese and bread that has recently been making its way into my mouth again.

My big Whole30 goal (more goals may come): really, really work on eating actual meals and not snacking. This was a goal last time but it is still something I struggle with. Part of the issue is that I will eat a meal-- say a bowl of spaghetti squash with tomato sauce (with meat) and a spoonful of coconut butter and I will be satiated... for about 75 minutes. Then I'm hungry again. Do I wait for 3-5 hours to eat again?

My bf and I do Whole30s together and this time (gasp!) I'm thinking of suggesting to him that we do before and after pictures. That will be a first and will feel odd to both of us... but I find other people's pictures really interesting. (note I am NOT planning on posting them online, so don't get your hopes up! :ph34r: )

I'm so excited!

Just keep hoping, Derval! I'm certain your imagination is better than the real thing...

I'm still psyched for a Whole30, but I can tell I've been giving into cravings! Now I'm going through the fighting cravings... again! Cravigns manifest as a weird feeling in the right side of my head and shoulders and a constant half-thought... I could... [have some bread and butter, get something sweet, etc]. I'm in craving fighting mode, dodging here, spinning there, shooting lightning out of my hands to explode all sugar! (if only!)

This is going to be the first Whole30 I've done where we continue to have off-plan stuff in the house. In the past we've told the kids they just have to deal with no bread, etc in the house. This time the kids will eat what we eat for dinner, but if they choose bread for lunch or breakfast they can. You are probably wondering why I'm okay with the kids eating gluten... really, I'm not. But our family is complicated (I'm not actually their mother) and ultimately I've decided that they, like me and everyone else, are going to have to decide how they want to treat their body and feel out what works for them.

And I think doing a Whole30 with junk in the house will hopefully help me when I work on riding my own bike again. So much of that is about habits... and so many habits are easy to start!

Hey, Emily

I still have stuff in the house that no self respecting whole 30-er would want around. I have also baked some things for the kids, and have managed to not eat any of it, for the whole30 and beyond. I know it's there,heck, I'm even using it, and have not eaten it. It can be done and it's really not hard after a while. I was a chocolate chip addict. Love those suckers-but ain't eating them ! it's good for me to have them here and not eat them. The good thing is, the kids have not wanted as much because I am making a lot of new great things. I don't plan on paleo-izing much. I'd rather just make a small amount of the real deal, and have it done with. Just a few thoughts...

Thanks for the thoughts Bridget. I think I can get to the point that you are at (having the stuff in the house but not eating it)... I just haven't. Well, except for these past two days. It's good to hear that it isn't that hard after awhile... currently the sourdough bread calls my name every time I open the cabinet. I will regain control! :)

Good day today! I'll be gone the next two days (but still on the forum) so I cooked dinner "raw materials" for my family -- cauliflower rice to be made into a stir fry with round steak and veggies, chili (the one from Well-Fed, of course!).

Emily - I have plenty of non-compliant stuff in my home, like the popcorn and the box of Reese's Puffs my husband brought home tonight after the gym...

Bridget is right, after a while it's really no big deal. I still make PB sandwiches for the kids every now and then (not nearly as often as I used to) and even though my last Whole30 ended August 29th, I still don't lick my fingers after I make the sandwich. And I adore PB. Used to eat it by the spoonful. Often. I even had to slice up my niece's wedding cake at her reception recently and never tried a taste. So thankful it gets easier over time to avoid grains, dairy and sugar consistently. :)

Archived