A Work In Progress - Michelle's Whole30 Journey Continues...

Chellesdoingr8

Day 31 - I lost 2 pounds.  My clothes feel better.  I am in a great mood and have more energy.  This round I will be adding L-Glutamine, Probiotics ands Digestive Enzymes to my repertoire.  My doctor suspects I have "leaky gut" syndrome.  I can't absorb nutrients so I am taking proactive measures.

Goals for my next 30 days?  Go for my MRI :o; try new recipes :P; more activity :blink:  ;)  :)

My daughter sent me this quote and I wanted to share it with my Whole30 peeps:

"If you fail, never give up because F.A.I.L. means 'First Attempt In Learning.'  End is not the end.  In fact, E.N.D. means 'Effort Never Dies.'  If you get NO as an answer, remember N.O. means 'Next Opportunity.'  Positive thinking!!!"

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

Good morning Whole30 people!!  I am pressing the "reset" button.  Yesterday, after work, I went out for supper with a friend.  The menu did not have many options so I ordered chicken tacos without the shells and a garden salad.  The garden salad had feta and the chicken tacos has some kind of sauce and cheese.  Can you say "reboot"?  Moving on to Day 1.  It's all good :D

Had my MRI on Monday.  I will find out the results next week when I see my doctor.  I had blood tests on Saturday.  I know after eating Whole30 for 30+ days I want to see those results too.

Hope everyone has a great day!! 

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

Way to go pressing that reset button immediately after!  Congratulations on completing the 30 days and kudos for wanting to keep going.  Your posts always sound so positive and optimistic - what a great space to be in!!

Made it through another unit meeting yesterday.  I had breakfast before arriving and did not divulge in the spread before me which is never Whole30 compliant.  Besides that, I choose not to graze during the day.  It is what it is ;)

I am continuing with meditation.  I find it brings a calming factor to my life ^_^ I also feel more creative, which is awesome!!!

I hope all of you have a great day!!

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

• 5 months later...

I have been MIA since April 27 :huh: I was going to consider asking to remove all my previous posts and start anew.  But...then I started reading "Food Freedom Forever."  According to Melissa, we can expect ups and downs, ebbs and flows etc etc...

This girl has crashed something fierce.  The good news?  I had an MRI in May with no concerns ;) This was positive.  I also started a new position, exciting yet stressful at times.  I also became a Grandma again to a beautiful baby boy.  Awesome?!?  The bad news?  I allowed the mindless eating to take over.  During the summer I failed miserably eating things that I know aren't the best choices.  Not cool as I have put some of my weight back on.  Boo.  What did I expect?

I preordered Melissa's "Food Freedom Forever" and received it on Friday.  Thank you!!! I am reading it and beginning another reset.  I remember how I felt before which was AWESOME!!!  I want that again.

I am fully aware that the Sugar Dragon will pay a visit.  I will remember how bloated and gross I felt when I pigged out on candy corns.  I thought I was going to pop.  I am disappointed in myself.  It is what it is.

This time around I plan on posting what I am eating.  I have not done that before.  Not only will this hold me accountable, but if I am struggling with energy etc., I know one of the moderators will be able to give me some great ideas.

I have continued with my mediation.  I truly find this to be a saving grace also; for many reasons.

My daughter is eating clean with me.  We tried a recipe that is compatible for her plan and for mine.  Teamwork!!

I will also commit to posting daily.  Be it during the lunch hour or after work.  I really appreciate this forum and have made great buddies.  We are all in the same boat?  Right? 

Enough crash and burn.  I am ready to move forward :D Look forward to reconnecting with some of you and connecting with new Whole 30'ers!!

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

Good morning!!

I wanted to post what I had eaten yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, handful of sugar snap peas and 6 strawberries

Lunch: Lazy Cabbage Rolls (Whole 30 Compliant), handful of carrots and 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds

Supper: Chicken Curry (Whole 30 Compliant), 2 strips of pork bacon (Whole 30 Compliant), radishes and an apple

I didn't post this last night as one of my goals, to keep me on track, is to go to bed earlier which I did by an hour :D

Have a GREAT day!!!

Michelle B) 

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Lara bar, and six strawberries

Lunch: Chicken Curry, 2 big olives stuffed with garlic, handful of carrots and sugar snap peas, 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds

Supper: 5 baby potatoes 1 inch round, 7 asparagus spears, 2 Whole 30 hamburgers ( I was hungry :blink:) 7 small olives, radishes and an apple

I just finished my meditation (which is soooo helpful), will do dishes, read then go to bed an hour earlier than I usually do (like I did last night).

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

Here I am on Day 3 with a NSV!!!  Believe it or not!!

Tonight I had to go to a mandatory banquet.  I was really anxious about how I was going to work around the menu.  A co-worker of mine, who is food savvy, talked to the server on my behalf.  The meal started off with Caesar salad and garlic bread...I got a plain garden salad with no dressing :) The entrée was turkey, potatoes, stuffing, vegetables and gravy...I got four thin slices of turkey, vegetables, no gravy.  I passed on dessert.  I am eternally grateful to my co-worker, who I feel went out of her way, to ensure I could eat guilt free.  I did and I enjoyed it.

Breakfast: Lara bar, 6 strawberries and black tea

Lunch: garden salad with chicken breast; dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar; 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds for lunch

So far...so good...

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

Archived