Starting the 21st of february!

laodamaren

Hey all!

My name is Andrea, new to Whole30! It's the first time I'm going to commit to this, although I have been on a Paleo-ish diet for a while due to health reasons (chronic illness, allergies, fatigue..) and already noticed the benefits. I was severely hypothyroid, but my symptoms have gone away for the most part. My blood values have come back to normal again and I am allowed to finally step down from the medication, slowly and steadily. In order to make the progress go more smoothly ( ie: least possible hormonal imbalances), I decided to give the Whole30 a go. I will start as of tomorrow, the 21st of february, and continue as long as necessary (im guessing this is not 30 days, but actually more like 60), but I will be a bit more loose after those first 30, as I will have an anniversary celebration on March 26th :D

One thing I will have to work around is my own birthday, which is on March 1st. But I'm guessing it cant be that hard. Never been too much of a 'cake, pastries and tons of pizza and alcohol' fan, so why change that?

As for physical activity, I will continue what I'm doing now: Yoga, Pole Fitness and weight lifting (total around 6 days a week of training, but rest of the day is more or less sedentary as I am a student in Engineering school at the moment :P

I hope this will go well, as I have a serious issue with "grazing" throughout the day, but I think if I just focus on that I can go against it. (Not buying salted cashews any more, those things make me go nuts :D

In good health :)

Andrea

Hi, I'm committing and starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow, February 22. A little nervous, mostly about eating something by accident. Went food shopping and got lots of great produce and meats. I run 4 days a week, so I am curious to see how that will go since I'll be changing my nutrition before and after my workouts. Best wishes to both of us! :)

Archived