Starting February 29th

amylou03

Thanks for the tips. I totally forgot to have a fat. I thought the ghee in the hash was enough. I will definitely be better with adding some fat to each meal. I have some delicious compliant olives at home. My lunch has coconut milk in it so that should be enough fat. I think I'll have some diced pears tomorrow morning instead of the banana.  I thought I had to have my fruit in the morning. Should I be having fruit at lunch instead of breakfast?  

You don't have to have fruit at all - many choose not to as it keeps their sugar dragon alive.

And as I mentioned previously eating fruit & starchy veg first thing in the morning can provoke an insulin response having fasted overnight. My advice would be that if you MUST eat it to keep it until at least meal two, preferably meal three.

I just started my second Whole30 yesterday as well. I did my first in August with great success and have stayed mostly Paleo but have been very lax lately with chips and popcorn the past few weeks. I need a reset so this is it! I couldn't figure out why I slept so well last night and then I recalled I was doing the Whole30! No crap messing with my slumber!

Great advice on this board about saving your starchy veggies/fruit to the evening. I normally have sweet potato, sautéed spinach and lean ground pork/turkey in the morning. I really do love it. Today for meal 1 I decided to have a salad with lean protein, nuts, little raisins and other veggie and oil/vinegar. I have to say that I wasn't looking for anything to snack on until it was time for meal 2 and I made zucchini noodles, tomatoes, broccoli and meatballs. My meal 3 will be what I usually have for breakfast. My goal is to do away with grazing and just stick to 3-4 meals a day (depending on my workout).

Archived