Please provide feedback on my meal plan?

crew29

Hi!  I am finished with my first Whole 30.  I felt great and had some NSVs afterwards, but only lost ~2 lbs.  (And I am about 40 pounds overweight)  I know it may take some time for my body to get in a groove with this, so I am working on my patience.  I would love any feedback on my meal planning this week.  Thanks in advance!

Pre-Workout: 1 cup coffee with 1/2 C coconut milk, one poached egg

Morning workout: 40 minutes interval training OR a yoga class

After workout: one poached egg, lots of water

(I HATE eating immediately before/after workouts- it's just not a habit for me yet, so the poached egg is the best I can stomach at this point)

Breakfast: 1 cup black coffee, two more poached eggs, 1 chicken sausage, 1 cup cooked fajita veggies + mushrooms, 1/2 cup grapes

Lunch: Chinese Chicken Salad (about 3/4 C rotisserie chicken and handful of toasted almond slivers over 2 cups of romaine, green and purple cabbage, green onions, cilantro, shredded carrots, and mandarin oranges)  Dressing includes avocado oil, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil)

Afternoon workout: 30 minute leisurely walk

Dinner: grass-fed beef burger, slice of pineapple, compliant homemade ketchup, 1 avocado, homemade kale chips

After dinner: herbal tea or decaf coffee w/ 1/2 C coconut milk

Water intake: TONS.  I get about my body weight in ounces daily of plain water (have been weaning myself off of drinking tons of seltzer)

Supplements: Cod Liver Oil, Probiotic, Collagen Peptides

• Moderators

Your meals look okay. I would like to see more veggies at breakfast and maybe at dinner (depending on how many kale chips you are eating). 

Congrats on eating a post-workout meal. The drawback to eating an egg is that the fat of the yolk slows digestion and keeps the protein from doing as much good as a post-workout meal is supposed to provide. If you could switch to some lean protein, it would be helpful... Maybe eat two egg yolks before workout and the egg whites afterwards. 

Healthy/sustainable weight loss can take time. When I started my Whole30 journey I loss exactly 2 pounds per month for 15 months in a row to lose the 30 pounds I needed to lose. The good news is that I have maintained the weight I achieved after 15 months for the past 4 years and I eat a lot. :)

Thanks, Tom!  That is very helpful.  I know I need to work on that morning eating.  Your advice was great- baby steps!!  

I know patience is key, but it can be soo hard!  Especially reading other posts about losing 10+ pounds in the first 30 days.  I need to maintain the big picture. :)  Thanks for your advice.

Archived