Starting March 14

eyeesha

Hello, 

I've been on my weight loss journey for almost a year, and while I have had some success, I have definitely found that my struggles are with my diet and with finding support in staying on the right path (so to speak). So when my trainer mentioned the Whole 30 diet, I decided that I would at least see if I can make it through a month with more structured eating.

I chose the 14th because I'm going on vacation at the end of April and I figure it would be much easier if my eating isn't as restricted then. I also live with lots of family who have no dietary restrictions, so hopefully i can find support on sticking to the diet over the next few weeks

Thanks and good luck to anyone else starting soon!! :) 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting the 14th as well.  I've been planning for weeks.  I'm looking forward to healing my gut and seeing what is bothering me most.  I have been sugar free for a couples already and I feel better already.  Best to you. 

I myself am also starting on the 14th, I hope to use this forum as a guide and motivation.  After lots of research and preparation I hope this will become a stepping stone to a life changing journey.  Well wishes

Hi all!

I'm starting the 12th but hope I can still join the conversation?

What I am hoping for is to feel better, and keep AI conditions at ease. I have had an inflammatory attack of my spinal cord last year, which is likely a first sign of MS. Weightloss is much appreciated as well! I have lost about 18kg in the last year by eating paleo, but it has been very difficult to keep on track lately..

Hi! I'm hoping to join your convo/group too! I started on the 11th. I have shopped, prepped and am ready. I'm 7 wks post partum, nursing and looking good reset my bad habits, increase my energy and set some new foundations of healthy habits for my family.

Made it through day 1. No withdrawal symptoms, no headaches, not hungry... Had made some awesome lamb curry, hard to think of it as being a 'diet' this way. Downside, it's just a lot of cooking and washing up, so get ready. Nevertheless; conclusion from day 1, so far so good :)

For everybody that is starting tomorrow, enjoy the last days of food freedom !!

Thanks! I'm definitely spoiling myself today. We went out for lunch today: breaded Schnitzel (pork escalope - typical German food). Now in the afternoon a piece of cake plus some Coke.

Let's see how things go tomorrow without all the carbs & sugar... ;) 

Crossfit class already scheduled for 7 am, afterwards a quick breakfast with eggs & bacon/prosciutto (plus some nuts for fat, as I don't have avocado here yet). For lunch I'm trying out Frittata muffins plus Buffalo Chicken Salad for dinner.

In between all the grocery shopping, other errands and cooking.  :wacko:

Good luck to you all.  I'm not starting until Weds the 16th as I work in a high school and our spring break is this week.  I wanted a couple of days to prepare before I started.  In hindsight I should have started tomorrow as well to be on the same schedule as you guys.  I will be following your posts anyway...you'll only be a couple of days ahead of me.  We can do this!!

Hi guys,

For me day 2 is almost over (I'm in Europe)..

No withdrawal or discomfort, so far. Even though I have been more or less paleo the last year, the last few weeks were filled with bread, cheese, sugary treats, so I had expected a bit more detoxy feelings.. Tomorrow back to work, so fingers crossed that I will still be feeling okay ..

Good luck for the starters tomorrow ! 

I am starting on the 15th...my first round of Whole 30 that I keep postponing for a million different excuses. Excited but super nervous. Looking to slay my sugar dragon and develop a better relationship with food.

I am starting on the 14th as well... Ready for day 1, I hope! I am looking to reset my appetite, cut my sugar addiction, and lose the pain in my joints. A tall order, but I believe it can happen. Good luck to all of the other March 14 folks!

I'm starting tomorrow as well. I've eaten primarily vegetarian for several months now so I'm cringing at all the meat. But I have a slow metabolism and have had challenges with regular constipation. I suspected gluten but now I'm thinking its dairy (which is an even bigger bummer), but I'm out to use this plan to see where the problems are. Hopefully we can all keep encouraging each other.

I'm starting on the 14th too! I've done an elimination diet before (for food allergies) but this one is a little more strict. I'm actually looking forward to it because my boyfriend is doing this with me! I look forward to keeping up with everyone and sharing our progress! :) 

Archived