Starting March 14

eyeesha

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started yesterday too! This is my first whole30.

Felt a bit hungry day 1 so I did have a few snacks (almonds, slides apple with almond butter). Today I have felt full all day (still ate meals). A bit tired, no headache yet!

Nice to *meet* you all!

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are not feeling well. That is discouraging for you and must make it hard to continue. Keep it up and hopefully things will get better!

I am finishing up my day two and I feel fine. I had a very mild headache this afternoon, that is all. I am fighting cravings but I have hopes of those disappearing in a day or two. I found it funny that after dinner on day one, I immediately craved something sweet and got a bit antsy. Time to break that pattern.

I started Whole30 yesterday too and i was fine..until 2 or 3 hours ago.  My headache came in hard and won't back down.  I am also fighting sinus issues (due to the drastic changes in the weather we've had) and I've felt hungry when it gets close to meal time.  I am hoping to feel better by tomorrow but probably not :P

Every stay strong and remember why you are doing this! And, it really isn't that hard :P

Robyn

I am starting 3/16/16.  This is my second whole30.  I did my first whole30 in January of 2015 and was amazed at how I felt and the changes in my body and mind.  I then moved to a Paleo diet and started running (I was a runner before my kids).  The holidays got me off track and due to a injury.  I can't run right now and need to be positive.  So enter my next whole30 to get myself back.  My sanity, my pain free body, my cloud free mind and sleep...ah glorious sleep.  

I'm only on my phone, so hopefully the link works. Here's the dump ranch I tried: http://www.mariamakes.com/home-1/2015/7/20/my-take-on-whole30-dump-ranch

I used sunflower oil instead of olive oil, as I just need something more neutral for my taste.

Day3 now and still with a migraine. I'm soon running out of meds and I just hope that I don't mess up my interview later on.

Dinner was ok yesterday - boyfriend was ok with it. No breakfast so far for me as I still feel nauseous. Cancelled crossfit this morning as well as I'm simply not able to move around a lot. I'm mainly sleeping at the moment and hoping that the headache will stop at some point.

Ps. Burger with guacamole for dinner tonight. I've never handled an avocado before (as I don't like fruit), so this will get interesting...

I just realize how bad the junk food affects me. I'm really struggling to finish my meals (just had lunch - leftovers from yesterday plus fried eggs on top), as things simply don't taste good for me. I'm really used to MSG and other additives I guess. Food without them just tastes bland and I need to force myself to eat.

Additionally I realized that eating bread or yogurt was a habit out of convenience - it's just a way to grab something, without any effort to prepare the food first.

I started on the 14th as well, I have struggled with allergies and inflammation for years now, and have not been able to lose any weight.  I'm just tired of feeling bad, it's nice to see other's progress as well.  I'm a little nervous because I have a mild allergy to egg whites so I don't know if I will have to do this without eggs.  Yikes!  You're all right, so much prep!  Good luck everyone and I look forward to seeing what works for you all.

day 3 for me also, woke up this morning aching in bones and joints.  A long soak in a hot bath was bliss and really helped. Went to my local store for a few provisions feeling positive about the program and life in general but at the checkout I wanted to mug an elderly man for his crumpets and jar of rasberry jam.  :ph34r:

Carrie, I think you could do this program without eggs, if you wanted to. I am already tired of eggs for breakfast and have promised myself at least a few egg free days each week. 

Skye, Hope the interview went okay.

Day 3 almost over for me. I had nothing prepped for lunch but stopped at a Cumberland Farms (small convenience store) and picked up 2 hard boiled eggs and a granny smith apple. That apple sure tasted good! I am going to try not to have more than one fruit per day since I want to lose weight, and this was my first. 

I managed to walk past the bowl with the cadbury mini eggs in it at work all day. Those things are evil :)

Glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better, Skye2977, and sticking it out. I have it easy compared to that.

I am going to have to work harder at prepping! 

It's 5am and I've not managed to get to sleep due to mild aches and pains in my joints, mainly hips and legs. Is anyone else experiencing similar? According to the book, our experiences in days 2&3 correlate to what we ate pre whole30. I guess I'm paying for all the junk food...

Madgical, thanks for the egg muffin recipes. Tomorrow is muffins and leftovers - no cooking for once.

Good morning everybody! I finally feel better today... Still struggling with getting food down (maybe it's just a habit as I normally don't have proper breakfast but rather grab a slice of bread or something from the bakery on the go), but I'm staying compliant. 

Boyfriend got himself some pizza yesterday evening while I had compliant sausages made by my mum plus leftovers. Meal planning really went down the drain as I a) didn't think that I had so much stuff leftover (still chicken & potatoes from Monday there) plus B) especially at lunch I'm not too fond of cooking. Yesterday I just got myself some Scottish salmon (Lidl!) plus rocket salad and some onions on top. Was quite ok and I might have what's left of it for lunch again today as well. (Plus potentially a boiled egg - I simply can't do fried eggs at the moment. No idea why. Normally I like them a lot...)

Temptations all around me (lots of chocolate easter bunnies everywhere here in Germany!), but I made it now to Day4 and try to keep going. Headaches are down to an ok-ish level but I feel a bit out of it (was putting things in the fridge that don't belong there etc.).

But let's see how it goes. Dinner today and tomorrow will be in a restaurant. I might just order beef carpaccio with rocket salat (and leave out the parmesan cheese). That's so far the only compliant thing I can think about when going to an Italian restaurant around here...

Job interview yesterday went well (thank God!) and I might get a result already end of this week. I really hope I get the job as it would just be amazing... (And I would love to celebrate with nasty food & alcohol, but I just force myself to not think about it....)

Hope everybody is soon feeling better as well! :)

Good Morning! I hope everyone is having an awesome Day 4! Is anyone else surprised how much better food tastes already?? Feels like I've been in the kitchen all week, but It's Spring Break for me and I can't think of a better way to spend it than getting healthier!

Hi everyone, very glad I found this thread!  I started with my first Whole30 on the 14th and so far it's going well.  Yesterday I had NO energy...tired but also just felt weak.  Struggled with a workout I've done a million times before -- my arms and legs were like limp noodles!  But it's ok, I figure that's a sign that the program is already starting to work.  If I felt great I would be concerned, haha! 

Food is going well, but after a lifetime of dieting I find the rather loose portion guidelines difficult!  I'm working on letting go of the weighing and measuring and just trying to listen to my body's needs.  

I made this ranch dressing and I think it's GREAT, tastes just like the real thing, no mayo taste at all:  http://www.whole-sisters.com/#!Dump-Ranch/c1v9p/551c04330cf21e26bac67eb2

Have a great day, everyone, and stay away from the green beer :)

Jenmidge: hope you managed to get some sleep in the end.. Maybe you are sensitive to something that you have been eating a lot compared to before?

Skye: Glad you are starting to feel better :) they may have some fish/ grilled meat as well at the italian?

Day 6 here.. Nothing interesting to report to be honest.. Dont feel aweful, but also havent noticed any awesomeness... Let's just continue :)

Good Morning! I hope everyone is having an awesome Day 4! Is anyone else surprised how much better food tastes already?? Feels like I've been in the kitchen all week, but It's Spring Break for me and I can't think of a better way to spend it than getting healthier!

Yes! I had a grapefruit tonight and it tasted sooooo sweet.

Skye, what is rocket salad? Sounds intriguing.

Glad everyone seems to be feeling a bit better. Jenmidge, the leg pain might be the low-carb-flu that some talk about... Maybe? Leg cramps can happen when electrolytes get too low, but your pain sounds different. Here is a blurb about the flu: http://paleoleap.com/low-carb-flu/

I am actually having LESS joint pain already after just a few days. Really liking that, and also my absence of guilt about whatever I ate. Totally worth it. My thoughts still go to junk food and candy when I am in stores or on an errand of some sort. Funny how we create these habits.

I miss weighing myself in the morning. I did that daily no matter how much I dreaded it. But this is good for me as I am not ruled by the number on the scale all day. Scale freedom!

On to day 5!

@madgical "rocket" lettuce is what we call arugula. I go to London frequently for work and always enjoyed a rocket salad, wishing we had that kind of salad over here. Got an arugula salad in the US a few years ago and it finally hit me that it was the same thing!

Hi everyone! I think I finally hit my wall. I started on Monday, and I have felt like I've been at Tiger Blood level from the start. But today, while I normally work at home, I had to go into the office. So I had a smaller breakfast of leftovers and took a smaller lunch because I was in a hurry. I have a lot of food prepped, but traffic was especially bad so I zipped out the door at the last minute with some raw veggies, grilled chicken and some olives. So with two smaller meals, my energy was zapped. I felt like I had the flu and had to take a nap. Did that, and had a snack of cashews then a great curry dinner (even though I was not hungry), and now I have a splitting headache. So...lesson learned! 

Otherwise, I have felt great. Started back at the gym and had so much energy, it has me in such a great mood. I also have joint issues and has most recently shown in my jaw, but that pain and clicking has gotten better this week. I think I am sleeping better as well, although when I wake up, it's like a jolt! 

BTW, I am using the Well Fed cookbook, and I think it is fantastic, especially if you like ethnic food. I prepped the whole week using that book, and I especially love the Hot Plates section. Those are a life saver. But there are also recipes for sauces, including mayo, which worked like a charm. I will never buy mayo again!! And if you like Pad Thai and peanut sauce, the Sunshine Sauce is a must! 

Morning!

The tiredness hit yesterday and I was in bed by 8:00pm. I'm feeling much better today. Even did a Pilates workout this morning! I'm really starting to notice how much I ate out of habit and how much I was snacking off my sons in late (he's 3). This has been a huge eye opener for me. No more mindless eating!

Still feeling determined and strong!

Cheers to a great day 5!

Girls, I have to admit I'm out... :( 

Good news nevertheless: I got the job! (And super excited, as it's just a perfect company with a perfect job profile... 39 days holidays plus more than decent wage - what more can you ask for? :wub: )

So, I really wanna go out and celebrate tonight (meaning, at least a bit of champagne) - so I'm unfortunately non compliant anymore as of today. :( But I've decided, that I'll nevertheless continue to eat mainly Whole30, just not that strict anymore - and will try to see if I can start another round once the job has started April 1st, and I see how everything works out there. (They have a restaurant for their employees and maybe there's the chance to find some compliant food. I'll see but don't wanna stress myself out too much about this in the first days.)

Good luck everybody & I keep my fingers crossed for you that you make it to the end of the 30 days!!

Girls, I have to admit I'm out... :(

Good news nevertheless: I got the job! (And super excited, as it's just a perfect company with a perfect job profile... 39 days holidays plus more than decent wage - what more can you ask for? :wub: )

So, I really wanna go out and celebrate tonight (meaning, at least a bit of champagne) - so I'm unfortunately non compliant anymore as of today. :( But I've decided, that I'll nevertheless continue to eat mainly Whole30, just not that strict anymore - and will try to see if I can start another round once the job has started April 1st, and I see how everything works out there. (They have a restaurant for their employees and maybe there's the chance to find some compliant food. I'll see but don't wanna stress myself out too much about this in the first days.)

Good luck everybody & I keep my fingers crossed for you that you make it to the end of the 30 days!!

Congratulations!  Sounds like the perfect job for you.  I hope your expectations are met and the restaurant has plenty of yummy compliant food.

Archived