Day 17 - sleeping well but still tired

I'm getting about 8 hours a night but I'm still struggling to get out of bed in the morning, and I definitely don't have tiger blood. In fact, I think I feel worse this week than I did last week. 

My log is up to date (aside from this morning) and is linked here: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/34549-cdgs-2nd-whole30-food-log/

I'm not working out per se, but I get about 30 minutes of walking in a day on my commute. I was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and I'm under instructions to take it easy, so I haven't done much more than that.

I've also been feeling really bloated - I think I've overdone it on the raw veggies this week. Sometimes my stomach just can't handle them, but I haven't had as much time for meal prep so I'm defaulting to things that are easy to grab and go.

Okay, hoping for some insight here. I'm on day 19 - and I know that it's not 30 days yet but I'm hoping a moderator can take a look at my log and make some suggestions.

How I'm feeling: I sleep a thousand times better, but I'm still fatigued. My joint pain is actually a bit worse the past few days, and there haven't been any changes in daily activities to trigger that (usually it's when I overdo it working out). I'm also kind of itchy, especially on my legs. This happens a lot in winter time, but it's not cold anymore so I don't know why it's persisting. And I feel pretty bloated.

Over the past week or so I've had stomach reactions to a couple meals:

One was a big salad that I topped with homemade tuna salad. The green salad was mesclun mix from Chop't topped with tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeños, and scallions. Olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice for dressing. The tuna salad was approximately a can of tuna with diced cucumbers, radishes, homemade mayo, and compliant dijon mustard. Got a bad stomach ache and a pressure headache.

The second was when I ate a mini red banana after a meal. Same reaction as above. I rarely eat bananas - I don't dislike the taste but I could never eat a full one without feeling a little stomach upset - this was a lot worse than usual, though.

The one thing I absolutely know I can't eat is raw spinach - it's the same reaction with the stomach and headache, but immediate and worse than any other food. I sometimes have a similar reaction to avocados, though it's pretty mild. Same with raw carrots - I can eat a few, but if I overdo it I get the same reaction.

I'm trying to figure out what some of the links could be here. Maybe latex? But I rarely eat any of the highly reactive foods on the list, and that wouldn't explain the spinach issue.

My sister is sensitive to citrus - it triggers eczema. I might try cutting that out for a bit to see if I improve. But that means no homemade mayo.  :(  She also mentioned that the guar gum in most coconut milks makes her bloated - it's a soy derivative, apparently?

Anyway, it would be great to get some feedback.

You seem to be eating a lot more potatoes in the last lot of days than you were in the beginning. Potatoes are a nightshade and can be very problematic for a lot of people - particularly the skins, which I assume you are eating as I see wedges in your food log. They can also cause skin irritation - so maybe responsible for the itching?

I'd cut those out to start with & see how you feel...

Thanks....really hoping that's not the problem though, since I just planted a whole garden's worth of nightshades.

I have been having a fair amount of citrus too - I put a wedge in my sparkling water every night and we cook with lemons and limes quite a bit as well. I'll cut them both out for a few days and try adding them back in one at a time.

Archived