Kate's W30 health revival

Kate LeKites

Need to start logging my food here. I was logging it on a "nutrition" website, but the free trial is up so this will work!

Day 7:

Breakfast - hard-boiled egg; two Everyday Paleo garden fresh meatballs; roasted cabbage

Lunch - Leftover chicken pot pie (crust made with almond flour); straw/rasp/blueberries

Planned dinner - steak, roasted cabbage, yam

Planned snack at work (I work night shift :( ) - apple and almond butter

Bodyweight exercises (planks, push-ups, squats, pull-ups per Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint)

Feeling good today. I worked last night and wasn't exhausted when I got home (in fact, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to take a nap). Also wasn't short-tempered with the kids--best benefit EVER!!! I feel a little less peckish between meals too. Having some cravings for the naughty things I know are here alone in the house with me, but nothing I can't handle--all the more reason to take that nap!

Day 8 - made it through the first week!

Had a staff meeting this morning and the pan of cheesecake brownies looked only mildly interesting. Came home and instead had two fried eggs and some more roasted cabbage (so good!).

Plan to have some Everyday Paleo garden meatballs and salad for lunch. Dinner will be chili (better go thaw some meat!). Haven't made beanless chili before. I hope I hit on a good recipe right away.

I'm more tired today, since I worked night shift again last night on not a lot of sleep. Hoping to get the word from my manager today that I can switch to days soon. Working again tonight, but only until 3AM, then a couple days off to rest properly. Think today will be a no-WO day.

Started my W30 over on 10/4 after realizing I was mistaken on a couple things I thought were acceptable. Didn't keep up with my log though.

Day 1 was fine--Eggs, greens and avocado for breakfast; burger, spinach with vinaigrette and more avo for lunch; oven-braised beef stew (used sweet potatoes instead of parsnips) from www.nomnompaleo.com for dinner. I didn't bring any food with me to work, since I try not to eat overnight; but I was famished. Fortunately we have a new food set up at night and I was able to get a salad that was compliant.

Day 2--Not great meal planning. I worked the night before and just wanted to sleep when I got home. I ate breakfast pretty late (a banana and almonds--boo). I pretty much skipped lunch in favor of sleep. Dinner was leftover stew.

Day 3--Another timing issue. My daughter had a soccer tournament and I was trying to get everything together, so I didn't eat right away. I was going to bring my breakfast to the field...but I left it at home by mistake. So I ate my lunch of tuna, olives, and an apple with almond butter early. Had my eggs and kale when I got home. Dinner will be chicken stew from www.paleodietlifestyle.com (used a couple extra carrots and replaced peas with green beans). I've never made it before, but it smells divine. Now it's time for a shower, dinner, and to work for a few hours. Hoping to get in some good rest tonight, and some exercise and housecleaning tomorrow before work again in the evening.

Looks like you're doing all you can and figuring it out as you go. :D I know from experience just how hard it is to work late at night and try to eat healthy. To be honest I had to stop that sort of schedule because it was too much for me. The only sort of 'dinner' I could have was sipping on a smoothie whenever I had a free minute. So kudos to you for sticking to it despite the extra challenges!

Yesterday was Day 4. I slept until 11AM! Had to make up for the 2-1/2 hours of sleep from the night before. Had two fried eggs and leftover beef stew for brunch. Apple and almond butter for a snack. Dinner was leftover chicken stew. Did bodyweight exercises and Reiki....ahhhhhhhhh!

Starting Day 5 with eggs, broccoli and avocado. Going to attempt to make coconut milk today. Hope I don't injure myself! Lunch was canned tuna with mayo stuffed in half a red pepper, strawberries and olives. Dinner will be more leftover beef stew and roasted cabbage. Got some cleaning done, but not enough (never enough).

Day 6! Almost a week down. Feeling okay today considering that worked last night. I'm really looking forward to not doing that anymore. Waiting for my boss to inform me of the date of my switch (I hope it is before Day 30).

I got hungry at work last night so I got a mixed fruit bowl. There were no safe protein or fat options available.

This morning I had eggs, roasted cabbage, and strawberries. Nap is next, then pick up kids; figure out lunch (probably leftover chicken stew with added broccoli); another nap; spinach salad with roast beef, roasted beets, pine nuts and orange vinaigrette for dinner (missed the goat cheese :( ). Back to work tonight--will probably take an apple and some nuts.

Day 7! Didn't get my daily email today. I haven't always been clicking the "success" link in the daily emails--I wonder if that screwed me up? Anyway....

Looking forward to a nap today and a good night's rest tonight. Picking up extra hours this week, and expecting out-of-town friends on Sunday, so the next several days will not be restful. Only 12 more night shifts (assuming I don't pick up extra which, sadly, I kind of need to do for the extra money).

Breakfast was fried eggs, roasted cabbage, a kiwi and a few strawberries. Not a clue what lunch will be--I'm sure I'll scrounge something up. Dinner is meatballs, tomato sauce, and salad with avo and ACV vinaigrette.

Day 7! Didn't get my daily email today. I haven't always been clicking the "success" link in the daily emails--I wonder if that screwed me up? Anyway....

I thought I didn't get my email today too and was really bummed....turns out it was in my spam folder. Added them to my contact list so hopefully it doesn't happen again. The daily emails are really helping me too! I'm on day 10, so just a few days ahead of you! Good Luck with the rest of your 30 :)

Archived