Where's my Tiger Blood?

Hi.

I am on Day 21 of my first Whole 30.  In general, I feel fine.  But, I don't feel AMAZING.  I have not gotten the Tiger Blood everyone talks about.  My sleep is ok, but not great.  I have been going to bed earlier but cannot wake up in the morning.  My bowel movements are inconsistent and have not greatly improved during the last 21 days.  My mood has improved, for sure, but I don't feel much different otherwise.  Clothes fit the same, so I doubt I will see any significant weight loss (and I have a LOT to lose).

Has anyone else experienced this?  I am following the rules and the food template.  I don't snack.  I eat tons of vegetables.  I do not crave anything (not even alcohol or sugar).  I am not particularly hungry between meals.  So, I am definitely seeing some benefits to this program, but I am not WOWed.  

Thoughts?  

You still have 9 days left. A lot of people report not feeling significant changes until days 29, 30, or even beyond. Don't get discouraged, focus on the things that are improving and not what hasn't changed yet. Everybody is different. If you want to try and tweek anything you can certainly let us know what you have been eating, drinking, activity level, etc and we can try and see if there are places that can improve. Otherwise just stay the course and keep being good to your body.

http://whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/

• Moderators

Thanks for the reply, Physibeth. That link is great.

Yes, I agree that I should just focus on the positives I am already experiencing. 9 days is still plenty of time for more changes!

Please also note that as you've said you have 'LOT' (your emphasis) to lose in terms of weight, there are underlying conditions caused by carrying extra weight that could be at play here.

Ending up with a lot of weight to lose is the consequence of feeding your body inappropriate foods in inappropriate volumes.  This can cause hormonal imbalances, medical conditions and your body's general lack of trust in your ability to take care of it.

So... that said, please know that sometimes within the 30 days, depending on where you came from (eating/health wise) your body may be prioritizing healing or trusting over dropping weight.  30 days in some cases is not enough time to see significant changes to medical conditions, mood, energy, sleep, weight, skin etc... all at once.

Know for sure that by feeding your body according to the template and keeping the foods on your plate whole and healthy, that you will continue to see improvements in the thing that are YOUR priority while your body will continue to improve the things that are ITS priority.

Also don't underestimate the non scale victories such as being free of cravings.  This is HUGE!  This is your body trusting that you're going to give it fuel in appropriate amounts from appropriate sources and it doesn't need to trick you into giving it fast fuel (sugar).  That's wonderful!

Thank you for your reply, SugarcubeOD. That is a fair point. I have been wondering how to move forward after the 30 days with a focus on losing weight. Then, I thought I might need to extend the program beyond 30 days. Alas, I think I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to finish out my 30 days before I decide what to do next. One day at a time!

Archived