Compliant broth

pip9374

I searched the forum and was unable to find any clear answers. I also read the FAQ about making your own and organic..I think maybe I have found a compliant broth but I just want to double check with you guys because this label reading definitely has a learning curve! It is Swanson natural goodness 33% less sodium no msg..wish I could post a pic of the ingredients but here they are::chicken stock, salt, natural flavoring, yeast extract, carrot juice concentrate, celery juice concentrate, onion juice concentrate

Any guidance is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

is the beef broth compliment?  i made slow cooker carnitas with 1c of it...later to find out it has soy lecithin.  used as a cooking agent not in stew/soup but does that "infuse" in the meat?  thanks...feeling sad if its a whole30 breaker for me on day 12

The broth definitely gets all mixed up with the meat when you cook with it. You can decide to just extend your Whole30 into a Whole42 or carefully plan your reintroductions so that legumes and soy don't get reintroduced until at least 30 days from when you ate the carnitas with the broth. 

• Moderators

The broth definitely gets all mixed up with the meat when you cook with it. You can decide to just extend your Whole30 into a Whole42 or carefully plan your reintroductions so that legumes and soy don't get reintroduced until at least 30 days from when you ate the carnitas with the broth. 

Read this article and decide if you need to restart: http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

planning your re-intros around this mistake is not really in the best interest... if you read the article and feel that you should start over, it's a full restart... just leaving out the items that you ate for another 30 days and going for the rest of the re-intros definitely has the ability to skew your results as the offending soy could have done damage to your gut that will then impact your results.

Archived