Summergirl's October Log

SummerGirl

Ok, just logging my first day. Went well anyway!

Breakfast-2 poached eggs, chives, grilled tomatoes.

Lunch-grilled chicken fillet (from Melissa Joulwan-the'best chicken' recipe) and a big portion of stirfry veggies-onion, asparagus, brocolli, red pepper, green beans, garlic, ginger and coconut aminos. Also had a banana with some almond butter.

Dinner-beef casserole from the crockpot with another portion of stir fry veg leftover from lunch time.

May I be the first to wish you a most splendidly awesome October :)

Guess I get to be second. Best of luck to you both for your October Whole30s. I plan to start another on October 15 so I'll join you for the second half!

Breakfast-2 fried eggs with a slice of bacon and half an avocado.

Mid morning-was a bit hungry despite feeling satisfied earlier after breakfast, so had an apple

Lunch- big Salade Nicoise with tuna, lettuce, olives, a hardboiled egg, anchovies, capers, tomatoes, grated carrot and some dressing made with olive oil, balsamic and dijon mustard. Also had some blueberries and coconut milk.

Dinner-big bowl of chicken curry from the crockpot. Delish! Am loving my newly acquired crockpot -will probably try out a few new things a week in it over the next while to test it out.

Tom's butter chicken for the slow-cooker is supposed to be fab, tempted to try it, even though I'm the only one who'd eat it , ha ha let them eat cake.

I love the sound of your lunch. I always hated tinned tuna until recently when i tried the fancy €2 Spanish stuff.

OK today went like this-

Breakfast- an omlette with onions, peppers, tomatoes, chilli flakes

Lunch- smoked salmon salad (incl mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, grated carrot, sliced pepper, half an avocado)

Afternoon-I was bit peckish-don't think lunch was sustaining enough, so I had a banana with some almond butter

Dinner- Indian rubbed lamb chops, sauteed sweet potato, ratatouille.

My drinks throughout the day were hot water with lemon and peppermint tea.

I've had a cold since last week and am still feeling bit under the weather with that . Hope it clears up fully soon-haven't felt like the gym all week as a result but I'll get back to it tomorrow and the weekend I hope.

I like the sound of your dinner!

Hope you feel back to 100% soon

Thanks.

The Indian Rubbed lamb chops recipe is in Nigella's "Kitchen' if you have it? If not, and you'd like the details just let me know and I'll post up the recipe. It's so easy and very tasty! I get the 4 pack of Irish loin lamb cutlets in Aldi.

Good plan-I must do something similar- that's the kind of rock 'n' roll chicks we are :D.

Ok, today's log-

Breakfast- 2 poached eggs with some wilted spinach. A banana.

Lunch-1 leftover lamb chop, leftover ratatouille and a sweet potato.

Dinner-haven't had it yet but will be having salmon with green beans in tomato and garlic sauce and some tenderstem brocolli.

Busy busy weekend so didn't get to log but stayed on plan!

Today

Breakfast-two boiled eggs and some almonds. Was in a mad rush to get out the door this morning!

Lunch-smoked salmon salad. Bowl of blueberries.

Dinner-the rest of the family were having honey roast gammon so I skipped that because of the honey and had a tasty tray roast with chicken thighs, butternut squash, red onions, garlic and thyme.

Today went like this;

Breakfast-2 poached eggs, grilled tomatoes. Blueberries

Lunch-Shamlessly copied Derval's lunch yesterday and had sweet potato and smoked salmon stack. Tasty! Also had an apple and some almonds.

Dinner-haven't eaten it yet but have a beef chilli cooking in the crockpot. Smells great so am looking forward to a big bowl of that with some avocado.

All going well with my Whole30. I made flapjacks for the children today and wasn't tempted to lick the bowl :)

Breakfast-two poached eggs, grilled cherry tomatoes, some raspberries.

Lunch- leftover crockpot beef chilli (very tasty! Will def make that one again)

Dinner-planning to make 'Cayenne rubbed chicken with avocado'- saw on the recipe section here. Will have it with a big mixed salad.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it's been so long since I posted in my log! Oops! (the evenings tend to be taken up with us working our way through the brilliant series 4 box set of Breaking Bad so I'm rarely online at that time to update my log :) )

All going well though I'm glad to say. Nothing major to report-just trucking along!

Archived