Day 2 Hardcore Nausea and Stomach Pain

I knew day 2-3 were supposed to be the hangover. But I am having incessant nausea, stomach pain and even diarrhea. I'll admit I ate pretty terribly before starting this, but has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

Hey Jess, sorry to hear you're not feeling so good...

What did you eat/drink yesterday?

For breakfast I had: 3 eggs (that's as many as I can hold) scrambled in a tbsp of coconut oil with mushrooms, half of an avocado, and half a handful of raspberries.

For lunch: I made the basic protein salad from the book with shredded chicken, homemade mayonnaise, celery, compliant olives, slivered almonds, all on a large bed of spinach.

For dinner: Baked salmon with garlic, zucchini and carrots, cooked with a tbsp of coconut oil and chopped onions.

And all that I drank was water, and half a cup of coffee with compliant coconut milk in it.

The vomiting passed within an hour, but I've still had intermittent stomach pain today as well.

And while I note that it could be a stomach bug, I do not think this is the case, because I don't have any characteristic malaise, or fevers which accompany such illnesses.

I thought that perhaps you weren't eating enough and that *that* was causing nausea as it often does, but nothing in your meals (or the size of them) jumps out at me...

Unless it was a reaction to something I ate I'd put it down as a stomach upset and be sure to keep your fluids up until you are feeling better - which I hope is soon.

• 2 weeks later...

you say you weren't eating well before - if you really were eating shed loads of terrible food, and you've jumped straight into W30, then this is probably just your body adjusting to the sudden change.

Have you seen the film 'supersize me' - the guy starts on a diet of just things he can buy at McDonalds 3 meals a day for 30 days - kind of like an opposite Whole30 - on day one or two he finishes a big mac and then a few seconds later pukes it up out of the car window.  Previously he was vegetarian/vegan, eating loads of veg, so it was his body reacting to the change.

hopefully you'll improve over the next few days - if not, keep the fluid intake up, and go see a doctor/GP/nurse/pharmacist.

all the best.

Archived