Slave to the scales

Elle2000

put it somewhere that is not accessible to you. like a neighbor..  under something of your husbands. in his drawers..    and or throw it out..  your health is more important than a number on a scale.   

your clothing will tell you what's going on. 

mine is under my TV stand which I can't see under.. 

I don't know your scale history but I'll weigh in.

There's not a time in my life that standing on the scales improved my relationship with food.   We all know exactly where we're at by our clothes.  We can look into the mirror.  It's enough.  When I started a couple of years ago,   weight stats with progress photos would have discouraged me.   So much so that I might have thrown the towel in had I  not been so determined.  

I did everything differently.  I actually believed this was not a diet.  I didn't secretly weigh or count calories.  I believed I could change what I eat and so I did.

Two years later,  I'm here with no rebound weight gain.  I don't the need scales to tell me where I'm at. I have my clothes and mirror if I need anything to gauge myself with.   

Think about everyone you know or even celebrities who've had issues with scales and weight.  After decades of dieting and weighing - did it change everything for them?  Are they still stuck after years and years.  Time to Flip the Switch. 

Re-read the title of your post and have a think about it :)

New habits take time to form (that's why hiding it works so well, if it's out of the house it's not available), not doing it for 30 days is part of forming new healthy habits.

YOU are the boss of your body, not your scale! B) You can do this!

Oddly, I rarely weighed myself before starting the Whole30. I knew I had gained in the last year since switching from a full-time farming job to a desk job, but I was SHOCKED at the number when I did a weigh in before my start day (I knew I wasn't fitting into all my clothes, but 25 lbs seemed way too much...). After the first week, I had to right the urge very hard to weigh myself again. I fought it a LOT during the entire month. I actually tossed the batteries (which had registered 'low' when I weighed in) and that saved me. After the 30 days, I become obsessed again and weighed in way too often. I've recommitted to only weighing every 30 days (that's Friday for me!). I can tell by the mirror that I've lost weight. I feel great too. The scale is NOT as important...but hard to give up.  <_<

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/16646-question-about-weight-loss-after-whole30/

The best answers stick with you.  For a lifetime.  I'll never forget this one. ^^^

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

"You can't lose weight looking at the scale every day. It scares the fat when you check frequently and it holds on tighter. 

And increasing your workouts from 3 hours to 5 hours per week means you have seriously disturbed your system. It is not going to release fat until it knows you will feed it enough to support the extra work. You did start eating more when you upped the number of workouts, didn't you? And you increased the amount of time you devote to active recovery? All this matters."

Good luck with this. Try to remember and write down the thoughts that go through your head when you see a smaller than expected number - and a larger than expected number... I did that, and then I threw the notebook page into the fireplace because I couldn't risk anybody ever finding and reading it.

Take away the temptation! I usually weigh myself weekly and I felt confident about sticking to the 'no weigh for 30 days' rule, but I also didn't want to tempt myself. I took the batteries out, gave them to my husband and asked him to put them somewhere I wouldn't find them.

Archived