Day 12 of my first Whole30

Peacockr17

I am on day 12 of my first whole 30. I will admit, I have not been 100% whole30 and will agree with those of you who are shouting "so it's not whole30 then!!" I'm here to say I have transgressed. And I don't feel all that bad about it... But I want to do this thing and do it right. The question is, do I finish out my 30 days and then start over for a "real" whole 30 or do I start over right now, making day 13 into day 1?

Has anyone else found themselves where I am now? My transgressions have been minor but I feel the need to come clean to people who care. I've had exactly 3 glasses of wine, some seasoning that probably had flour in it (I can't be sure as I couldn't see the ingredients label), and some potatoes that were possibly cooked in non-compliant oil (I wasn't going to be the girl at the ballpark who asked about oil). What are the communities thoughts on this? Please try to keep remarks on a positive note, I'm here because I'm going at this alone and as a wine lover and sugar and dairy addict, this is hard!

• Moderators

Almost everyone here has something that was hard to give up, you're not the only one who is a wine lover, sugar and dairy addict, going it alone. But many, many people have done this successfully, and you can too.

I wouldn't bother to finish out 30 days that isn't really a Whole30, myself. These days may be a huge improvement over what you were doing before, and that's great, and it's certainly better for your health if you're making healthier choices, but pick a day -- tomorrow, if that works for you, or whatever day you choose, and be absolutely, 100% compliant for 30 straight days. Find a group here on the forum starting around the same time you are, and try to post each day to help support others in the group, and to get support from them.

Thank you both for your words and advice! I'm glad to see no one immediately kicked me out of the whole30 club for faltering! You are both completely right, I need to buck up and start over from day 1. I feel that I went through a learning curve these last two weeks that have prepared me to take on the challenge and stick to it this time. I've learned A TON about food and the types of snacks I need to have at the ready. I'm considering portioning out 30 days worth of emergency food to throw in my purse each day. I think it will be a good way to be prepared in the event that I don't get home when planned or if I end up out somewhere without options.

I am a professional event planner and often find myself with an erratic schedule and out somewhere that has literally no safe options aside from plain lettuce. This time around, my first real whole30, I will spend a few days prepping and planning for those times.

Archived