I am cold all time!

I eat eggs and bacon for breakfast most days, meat or almond butter, veggies and assume berries for lunch, meat, sweet potatoes and veggies for dinner, and cherries for dessert (they a contain something that is good for healing from osteoarthritis)

It could definitely not eating enough. I realised later that I had not eaten breakfast! I took a hot shower and that heeled a lot. The miserable feeling did go away once I got warm. I actually didn't eat anything besides a spoonful of some butter until 2 pm...my day went ballistic with several crazy unplanned crisis.

Thankfully all crisis have been resolved and I had a scrumptious sweet potato hash for dinner tonight. Yum!

I post tomorrow and see how I feel then...but tonight I am feeling fine (I did go to my acupuncturist this afternoon, and I am sure that helped a ton!

I feel the same way! I've been trying to eat only I am hungry (unfortunately still figuring this out on day 16) and notice that when I don't eat for about 3 hours I start getting progressively colder and colder until I have my next meal and then my body temperature comes back up. For breakfast, I've been having 2 hard boiled eggs and some nuts although I think nuts are making me bloat/fat so I'm cutting them out for a few days. Tomorrows breakfast will be 2 hard boiled eggs and zucchini (with coffee and coconut milk of course!). Thoughts or suggestions??

2 eggs and some nuts, or 2 eggs and some zucchini is not nearly enough for breakfast.

A serving of eggs when they are your only protein source in a meal is the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand - 3 or 4 formost females. THen you need vegetables - 3 cups would be good, plus fat. Nuts are a fat source but a poor one that, as you've discovered, are notoriously hard on the digestive system. Make sure you're having coffee with or after breakfast so that it doesn't suppress your appetite. If you add in more veg & particularly more fat you should stay satiated for longer & not feel so cold either...

What do the rest of your meals look like?

... I realised later that I had not eaten breakfast! I took a hot shower and that heeled a lot. The miserable feeling did go away once I got warm. I actually didn't eat anything besides a spoonful of some butter until 2 pm...

You may have felt better after that shower & the sweet potato hash later, but it's likely your body will be playing nutritional catch up if this has happened more than once, or if you've been eating too much in general. Ensure you eat more in general, and eat three times a day or you will gradually feel worse.

Thanks jmcan - interesting comment as I honestly don't like eating in the mornings and it's a struggle to eat the 2 eggs that I do now. Yes, I love nuts. It is unfortunate that they don't love me back.

The rest of my meals for tomorrow:

Meal 2: chicken breasts, spinach, blueberries, shredded coconut, banana, sweet potato, and ground flax (all mixed together - sounds weird but it's amazing)

Meal 3/preworkout: guacamole, chicken, raw veggies (carrots, snap peas, cucumber slices, Apple slices , strawberries)

Meal 4: beef roast, salad (cauliflower, tomatoes, broccolini), cantaloupe and raspberries

Meal 5: tea with coconut milk

My other meals are closer together so I don't experience or notice the extreme change in body temperature. It's the worst between breakfast and lunch because I actually feel like I turn into an ice cube.

Ok, the fact that you don't feel like eating a breakfast in the morning is fairly indicative that your hormones are out of whack and you really need to work on eating a proper breakfast to help with this. Plate up a full sized meal, eat as much of it as you can & the wrap up the remainder to eat as soon as you feel able. You'll be surprised how quickly that morning appetite will kick in and you really will feel a whole lot better - breakfast to lunch is the worst part of the day for you because of the lack of food for sure.

You're also eating a lot of fruit.... We'd recommend limiting fruit to around 2 fist sized servings per day, eaten with or as part of a meal. Eating this much fruit may contribute to spikes & troughs in energy, and will definitely inhibit fat adaptation.And talking of fat you need more of it - the coconut milk at breakfast & in your tea later is negligible, and other than that I see only shredded coconut & some guac - add more to each meal, over and above what is used for cooking.

PreWO should be protein & fat - no fruit or veg as this will provide your body with an instant fuel supply in the form of sugar, when you really want your body to learn to tap into fat stores.

What is your work-out? Are you taking a postWO meal of a lean protein & optional starchy carb? Could you forgo the preWO meal and just stick to postWO seeing as you have already eaten twice?

Thanks jmcbn! I'll try to have larger breakfasts and eat as much as I can over the next few days. Kind-of a weird thought to be hungry in the mornings for me.

My fruit servings are small but I'll be more conscious to reduce them and yes, I do have them with my meal vs after. Fat will be tricky for me but I'll try to incorporate more - I just find that I'm not really hungry ever now and more fat my make me even less wanting that eat? Maybe not a bad thing. My problem is mindless eating and snacking which have become very clear since I started w30 because I definitely eat way more fat and food in general now than I did before the program, if that made any sense at all.

My workouts consist of 2 days a week of heavy lifting, 3 days a week of hypertrophy style workouts, and soccer the other 2 days. I have an office job and am sedentary for most of the day otherwise.

I can't recall ever not eating before working out but I'll try it out and see how it goes. I'm often not even hungry but have been told to always have a prewo snack. I usually mash my postwo meal and dinner into one - I usually end up eating about 45 mins after my workout which I know isn't recommended per w30 but I don't think I'd be able to eat a pwo and dinner. Would you suggest I just have a pwo and call it a night?? I don't usually get home until 8ish but am willing to try anything.

I can't recall ever not eating before working out but I'll try it out and see how it goes. I'm often not even hungry but have been told to always have a prewo snack. I usually mash my postwo meal and dinner into one - I usually end up eating about 45 mins after my workout which I know isn't recommended per w30 but I don't think I'd be able to eat a pwo and dinner. Would you suggest I just have a pwo and call it a night?? I don't usually get home until 8ish but am willing to try anything.

If you've had sufficient food during the day a preWO should really be necessary, but it's very personal..

PostWO shouldn't be skipped though, and shouldn't be combined with your next meal as the fat in that meal will slow down absorption of the nutrients to the muscles which need the protein specifically to repair. Just a few bites is adequate, which shouldn't then ruin your appetite for dinner.

Hope this helps  :)

@jmcbn thanks again :) today for breakfast I had 3 hardboiled eggs, 2 servings of egg whites, zucchini, asparagus, and potato (probably a 1.5 cups worth of veg). It took me at least 45 minutes to eat it all and I can't really drink any coffee or water right now, lol, too full,but I'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the suggestions I'll be trying to incorporate all of those changes although I'll probably skip my prewo meal today because I likely won't end up eating lunch until much later due to how stuffed I feel now. I really appreciate your comments - many thanks!!

If you've had sufficient food during the day a preWO should really be necessary, but it's very personal..

Is this phrased the way you meant to?

LOL No!  :o  :ph34r:

If you've had sufficient food during the day a preWO SHOULDN'T really be necessary!

Archived