Asian recipes for whole30

I have good luck finding compliant Thai recipes (cashew instead of peanut and skip sugar. Red boat has compliant fish sauce) the Domestic Man has several on his website (not just Thai either! I just happen to be a bit of a Thai addict)

If you have a favorite recipe, you can use coconut aminos (it'll be a different taste) in place of soy sauce or make an umami sauce out of mushrooms (I've seen a recipe for one in Paleo Takeout) or use fish sauce (make sure it doesn't have sugar added.)

I love making Danielle Walker's (againstllgrain.com) tikka masala (she even had easy ways to modify for whole30)

Or google Whole30 Asian dishes

• Moderators

Nom Nom Paleo has some Asian-inspired dishes, and I think Mel Joulwan has a few too. For both of those sites, many of their recipes are Whole30, but some are not, so do be sure to double check ingredients before you make them. If there's a particular favorite dish you have, try googling Whole30 + the name of the recipe and see what you can find. Someone is bound to have tried to recreate it.

Do keep in mind that Whole30 versions of old favorites will not be exactly the same, so you may find that now is a good time to branch out and try different kinds of food, rather than focusing on just the ones you're used to, just because sometimes it's hard to go through the trouble of making a W30 version of a favorite recipe and then it doesn't taste quite like you were expecting. Sometimes it's easier to go for something you don't have a particular attachment to or expectation of.

As Shannon said, a lot of Whole30 versions of recipes aren't what we're used to, but I have to say that this cashew chicken tasted the most like the non-compliant dish of any recipes I've made so far! I would use less arrowroot starch, though, because mine thickened up too much with that much starch. Maybe start with two tablespoons and see how it does or something!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived