Starting July 4 - Declaring Independence from the Sugar demons

hmg1993

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already on my second day of my second whole 30, but I love your title, and I'm trying to do the same thing with another round of 30 compliant days.

Good luck and great to hear I am not the only one that needs a couple of rounds!  

I'm in. I plan on going all the way through the August Whole30 they usually do and hitting the 60 days mark. I got some distressing, unexpected news at a recent doctor visit and even though I immediately went back to eating clean paleo, I still eat paleo treats and keep that sugar dragon alive as a result. So it feels like I'm hanging on by a thread all the time. I definitely need a reset and I think I have to go longer than a month for me to really get to that feeling of food freedom. The only other time I hit that feeling was after doing almost 60 days of a Whole30 before I got pregnant with my second kid, almost 4 years ago now! Yeah, time to get back on track...  :)

I'm in. I plan on going all the way through the August Whole30 they usually do and hitting the 60 days mark. I got some distressing, unexpected news at a recent doctor visit and even though I immediately went back to eating clean paleo, I still eat paleo treats and keep that sugar dragon alive as a result. So it feels like I'm hanging on by a thread all the time. I definitely need a reset and I think I have to go longer than a month for me to really get to that feeling of food freedom. The only other time I hit that feeling was after doing almost 60 days of a Whole30 before I got pregnant with my second kid, almost 4 years ago now! Yeah, time to get back on track...  :)

Similar for me in that I did a Whole40 with lent and felt better than ever but then too much dried fruit and other treats started to creep in and before you know it I was back to white food and feeling awful.  I too would like to make it through August,  Good luck to you Casey!!

hmg1993, on 02 Jul 2016 - 9:15 PM, said:

Good luck and great to hear I am not the only one that needs a couple of rounds!  

You and I are DEFINITELY not the only ones who need a few rounds to get the sugar dragons, SWYPO, foods without breaks, going way off the rails eating under control. It's one of the reasons I love these message boards-- to hear that I'm not alone, and to gain some insights from other people's experiences through their posts.

You and I are DEFINITELY not the only ones who need a few rounds to get the sugar dragons, SWYPO, foods without breaks, going way off the rails eating under control. It's one of the reasons I love these message boards-- to hear that I'm not alone, and to gain some insights from other people's experiences through their posts.

I know what you mean! I like coming on here for that reason as well. It is nice to know that the struggle is real and not let myself get caught up in thinking there is something faulty about me for having to work so hard to make this stick long term. I'm just so thankful this program and forum exists!

HI I would like to join in with you all. I did a whole 90 last year and felt so great, lost weight, better energy, less inflammation! but I made the mistake of retrurning to all of my bad habits and need to get back to the basics. so thanks for being here!

HI I would like to join in with you all. I did a whole 90 last year and felt so great, lost weight, better energy, less inflammation! but I made the mistake of retrurning to all of my bad habits and need to get back to the basics. so thanks for being here!

Whole 90 sounds amazing.  It does feel like this is the right way for me to eat for all of the reasons you cite!!

Day one is almost done and I survived the holiday! I used a product call nutbags in my morning tea and volunteered to make omelettes for the house this morning which was well recieved since my husband usually makes breakfast. Later we barbequed a steak and I added tomatoes and grilled asparagus. 

Tonights dinner will be more of a snack of leftover steak and some almonds with a cup of tea. I fell pretty good that I got through the day ahead of the sugar dragon. that has been my big issue. But today I won. 

Hey hmg1993 how did you get on today?

Good thank you!  Planned everything carefully.  4th of July cookout meal was grilled burger, homemade potato salad with homemade mayo and slaw with cilantro lime dressing.  Good and filling!

Day one is almost done and I survived the holiday! I used a product call nutbags in my morning tea and volunteered to make omelettes for the house this morning which was well recieved since my husband usually makes breakfast. Later we barbequed a steak and I added tomatoes and grilled asparagus. 

Tonights dinner will be more of a snack of leftover steak and some almonds with a cup of tea. I fell pretty good that I got through the day ahead of the sugar dragon. that has been my big issue. But today I won. 

Go Martha!  I haven't tried nutpods.  My usual morning drink is earl gray with skim milk but now I will switch to plain green or black tea

I started my first W30 yesterday too! I had an awful caffeine withdrawal migraine ALL day. Today is much better. Is anyone else just plain hungry?  Egads I'm starving. Water consumption yesterday was right at 100 oz. So glad I found this group!

I started my first W30 yesterday too! I had an awful caffeine withdrawal migraine ALL day. Today is much better. Is anyone else just plain hungry?  Egads I'm starving. Water consumption yesterday was right at 100 oz. So glad I found this group!

You should be eating enough so that you aren't hungry. Try eating more fat and protein as these fill you up. You don't have to suffer. Have you looked at the portion guidelines in the book? there is a lot of guidance in the whole30 book and in the forums. good luck!!

Donna...I'm pretty sure you can have caffeine...just not cream or sugar.

Archived