Does the meal template still apply to me?

Normally I'm moving and standing a lot throughout the day, but currently I am doing very sedentary work where I pretty much just sit at the computer. I find that I'm really not hungry with such low activity. For example, I could eat breakfast in the morning and then go until dinner with just a handful of nuts in the middle of the day. Is there anything wrong with this, or if it's working for me should I just go with it for now?

Your Basal Metabolic Rate (ie. how much fuel your body requires just to 'be') does not change according to your activity levels and therefore the minimum requirements of the template remain the same. The only adjustment you would need to make would be with regard to your inatke of starchy carbs as per the guidelines of those leading a sedentary lifestyle or those with diabetes/blood sugar issues. Remember also that the meal template is a range - for example 1-2 palm sized pices of protein, with 1 palm sized piece being the absolute minimum. If you're eating more than that then cut back.

Archived