Second time around

This is my second time doing the whole 30, I did it a year ago this month and did pretty well. I do have a question though, I had two eggs and 1/2 of sweet potato for breakfast, I get hungry between breakfast and lunch. Can someone suggest what I can have  between the two  meals. Also I do spinning at the gym and would like to know a good snack prior to the work out.

Hey there! Welcome back!

Make sure you're following the template - if eggs are your only source of protein, it's as many as you can hold in your palm - for most women, this is a minimum of 3-4 eggs. Each meal should also have 1-3 cups of vegetables. Each time you workout should have a pre- and post-workout meal to go with it, so a mini-meal that's as balanced and palatable as possible before, and a lean protein with a carb-rich vegetable afterward.

Meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Hope this helps! Good luck!

• Administrators

Hey there! Welcome back!

Make sure you're following the template - if eggs are your only source of protein, it's as many as you can hold in your palm - for most women, this is a minimum of 3-4 eggs. Each meal should also have 1-3 cups of vegetables. Each time you workout should have a pre- and post-workout meal to go with it, so a mini-meal that's as balanced and palatable as possible before, and a lean protein with a carb-rich vegetable afterward.

Meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Yep!  Just know that the recommendation for pre-workout is actually protein and fat, no carbs.  :)

• Administrators

This is my second time doing the whole 30, I did it a year ago this month and did pretty well. I do have a question though, I had two eggs and 1/2 of sweet potato for breakfast, I get hungry between breakfast and lunch. Can someone suggest what I can have  between the two  meals. Also I do spinning at the gym and would like to know a good snack prior to the work out.

2 eggs and half a sweet potato is a nice start.  Add another 1-3 cups of non-starchy veggies, more protein (either another meat or another egg or two) and make sure that you are adding fat.  Do that and you won't need anything between your meals.  :)

Archived