confused now.......

no need to start over (in my opinion), as you're not eating things which are off plan, you're just eating too much fruit, and presumably not enough vegetables.

make the necessary changes, and carry on.

or start over.  it is really up to you, and it is only 2 days.

• Administrators

Crastney is right, fruit over-consumption isn't a cause for restart. Check out this article on rules vs recommendations: http://whole30.com/2015/01/rules-recommendations/

How did you determine you were eating too much fruit? Do you want some help tweaking your meals? If so, post your two days of eating here including timing, portions, fluids, workouts etc and we can take a look and offer suggestions.

Crastney is right, fruit over-consumption isn't a cause for restart. Check out this article on rules vs recommendations: http://whole30.com/2015/01/rules-recommendations/

How did you determine you were eating too much fruit? Do you want some help tweaking your meals? If so, post your two days of eating here including timing, portions, fluids, workouts etc and we can take a look and offer suggestions.

Ooh - what a helpful link - thank you so much  :D I only determined the 'too much fruit' thing when I read somewhere on this site that fruit intake was recommended at no more than 2 servings per day - I had six strawberries, a small banana and two satsumas today, and yesterday I had one and a half bananas, an apple, and some strawberries.  I have not had anything off-plan though so am not starting over  :) I now realise that it is helpful to think of my foods as 'fats' 'protein' 'veg' and 'fruit' rather than as individual foods (if you see what I mean?) - so tonight's dinner was cold roast chicken and prosciutto (protein) with a salad of spinach leaves, tomato, cucumber, celery and pepper (veg) and some olives (fat).  My only 'workout' today was walking a couple of miles in and out of town - and part way through I had about ten mixed nuts  as I was feeling hungry and lacking energy.  Breakfast was two eggs as an omelette (protein) fried in ghee (fat) with strawberries and banana (fruit),  lunch was fresh mackerel (protein) served with new potatoes (left overs) and sugar snap peas and wilted spinach (veg) (fried in ghee - fat) 

• Administrators

Excellent!  If I may offer a suggestion? Eggs if they are your sole protein for a meal should be at least 3-4; basically as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping.  2 is not enough but if you add another protein (chicken, shredded pork) to that omelette you'd be all set.  The other strong recommendation is not to let fruit push veggies off your plate.  So at your breakfast, we would prefer to see you with 1-3 cups of veggies before the fruit shows up.  :)

One other thing worth mentioning is that many people report increased hunger and cravings when they have their fruits at the morning meal.  You might watch yourself and play with timing to see how you go.

Archived