Reintroduction, back at it, seem to have an ulcer

bcrawford

So I finished June 27th and went camping. Ate fairly carefully, had some grains, but focused on eating mainly fruits, veggies, and nuts. I slowly started adding things back in and have been miserable and going back to Whole30 and trying things again after a few days. I have been terribly sick to my stomach whether I eat compliant or not. Some days not eating at all has been the only solution. I felt AH-MAZ-ING about half way through my program, but now whether I eat compliant or not, I get very sick to my stomach. My doctor has ruled out H.Pylori. She is continuing to treat as an ulcer, which confused me because up until last night I was just nausea. After eating spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce last night, I did agree that this is probably an ulcer. I had terrible burning and pain all night.

Anyway, what are my best options for healing this as fast as possible and getting my life back?!

PS. There have been times that I regretted doing Whole30, but then remember how great I felt and REALLY just want to get back there.

• Administrators

Sorry, bcrawford, that you are going through this.  I'm glad to read that you are working with your doctor on this issue. No one here can dispense medical advise and any "healing" stories are anectodal.  My best suggestion would be to avoid the things that you know give you trouble and to continue your care with your doctor.

Thanks for the response ladyshanny. My dr seems to think that Whole30 "screwed me up" :( nevermind the 16# lost, the energy level, the mood improvement. I felt so much better than I ever have, but now even back on Whole30 I am so sick to my stomach and just want help! I was really hoping someone may have been through this and have some advice.

Very sorry to hear you are experiencing this after such a wonderful uptick in mood! But... might be time for a second opinion... Friends and family have been quick to offer up advice given to them by their doctors since I've been on this plan, and I'm in awe of how awful some of it is after learning so much doing a Whole30. Eating real food isn't the problem.

Archived