Kombucha - How Much?

Cathy125

First, I want to say that I had never tried Kombucha until Whole 30 but, I am in love with this drink...  So much that I quickly

came to the conclusion that I need to learn how to make it due to the expense..  I have bought the book on how to make it at home ( & considering the online video course) but,

am in the middle of a 3 week visit from my children w/ 6 grandchildren in tow so all energy right now is just going with keeping my meals compliant..

Thank goodness for the program to give me the energy to keep up.

OK - Kombucha, how much?  I am having a bottle every night as I fix dinner and with my dinner in a wine glass just because I like it better than

drinking it from the bottle..I don't consider it SWYPO as I've never had the habit of having a glass on wine fixing/eating dinner prior to Whole30 but, wondering if I am developing a bad habit ??

Anyway, to my question - Is one Kombucha a day to much?  Also, is there an optimal time to drink it?  Pre / Post / With a meal?

• Administrators

There is no real limit to kombucha but you'd want to make sure it wasn't reducing the amount of actual water you're drinking every day. The recommendation for water is half an ounce per pound of bodyweight.

And in order to see if you have an emotionally destructive attachment to it? Stop having it for a week or so. See how you feel? Sad? Angry? Resentful? If yes, then you probably want to limit it. If not, carry on.

Ladyshanny,

No problem on going without it for a week especially due to the expense.  I have ordered my scoby etc to begin making it at home and if I find

I am consuming too regularly, I will put your suggestion to test.  That being said, I thought that I had read that many here 'do' consume it every day.

For my other question - Is there an optimal time to consume in relation to the digestive support?  Prior - During - Post Meal? 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Cathy125 said:

For my other question - Is there an optimal time to consume in relation to the digestive support?  Prior - During - Post Meal? 

Nope, just a beverage.  I make my own and drink it every day. Remember that it is probiotic too, so if you find yourself with really frequent, loose movements, you might want to cut back temporarily.

Archived